IEM Score List 2023 - What's Your Favorite IEM?
Sep 11, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #155 of 379
unngh... just pulled teh trigger targaryen on the Oriolus mk2. I've become a mids lover at this point so eager to hear this. Good to know it's made it on some others' top lists. I just can't keep up/justify spending more lol.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #158 of 379
penon audio. 849 usd (~1K Cad). comes with stock cable. not too fussy about them since I can switch them as needed be later on.
grats. :)

the stock tip (silicon) and cable is actually quite neutralish cold.

the stock foam tip is not as durable as comply.

my current ori v2 is using tx500 comply and effect audio thor silver 2.

for me ori v2 is probably one of the most coherent sounding iem. (everything sounded natural)

the only problem i had was through my samsung s7 edge (i know it is not audiophile grade), the high vocal is slightly grainy (around 800-1500). (i wasn't using my comply tip. i was using the stock tip)

i tried many cables and ended up with effect audio thor silver 2 and twau gold plated silver (for some reason i regretted not trying the effect audio lion heart). (thor silver 2 plus is too bulky although the sound is also more solid and fuller)

The thor silver 2 fixes the high problem and made everything more detail (better resolution) and everything sounded sharper with a slight edge (even the bass).

The twau has better dynamics, impact and more engaging (no edges). It fixes the high problem but in a different way. (both fixes the grainy high differently and both sounded much better)

I chose thor silver 2 because it sounded more laid back (my head feels more comfortable and lighter when i changed from twau to thor).

The other way to look at it is that thor has better sound stage.

Few weeks later i got my comply tx500.

Everything became even more detail even at lower volume (really good isolation and the edges are gone)

Everything also sounded much smoother and the separation + layer are still there.

Once i tried the foam with stock cable and the separation + layer got affected badly. (i havent tried comply with stock cable or foam with thor)

The stock tip is more on the cold side and the comply gives more warmth and emotions. (i used to like angie v1 because of it's warmth and romantic sound but the comply tip gives ori v2 and overall better sound than angie v1)

i also do not hook my cable around my ears.

20170912_122643.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #160 of 379
Hey Gunwale, how much smaller is the Ori v2 than the Angie V1? And how come you don't wear the cable over the ear?

from my memory the angie v1is probably still slightly larger.

the difference between them is the angie goes much deeper into your ears. the stock ori v2 tip is shallow and does not seal as well as the angie or comply tip.

personally i feel more comfortable to not wear the cable over my ears.

the cables are very light and the ori v2 has a very seal good regardless the tip.

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #161 of 379
It took me three days to figure out the best config after numerous tries in tip rolling... Triple Flanges work best for me... and man oh man, the Ori v2 is a FUN musical ride...

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #163 of 379
I can't find Shozy Hibiki in your list :)

Hope they're not last rank as I'm considering buying one

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #165 of 379
Read the review but to me his opinion is worth a lot as we have similar equipment and taste

By the way nice video 5 fingers up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back