The Ultra Dink is coming...56k users beware.
May 31, 2005 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
I had one of these before and I made the mistake of letting it go. I didn't make the same mistake again when one came up.

should be here in a few days. Here's some shots from when I had it last. I will take shots of it next to the Raptor when it arrives.

It's attack of the giant amp....
rolleyes.gif

15998Picture_096.jpg

How dinky is it?

15998Picture_095.jpg

I've got it!!!!!

Raptor: I'm dinkier...
EMP anniv.:No I am dinkier:
Raptor: Wanna step outside, meatstick?
EMP anniv:It will be my pleaseure, numbnuts...

15998Picture_006.jpg

another shot

15998Picture_008.jpg

So can I buy you a drink or what?

15998Picture_007.jpg

May 31, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 26
Congratulations on getting back the one you let go. I know you missed that amp since selling it. I think we are going to have one at the meet on Sat.

May 31, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 26
It's the Emp Anniversary edition. It's an EMP on steroids. better pace, more detail, more warmth than inside a florida babes bikini top (well not quite, but you get the idea).

Has a flight case for it. Although I have no idea why they would want to do that when it's so "dinky".

May 31, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 26
Yum!! Me want!!
biggrin.gif

I'm hoping to get an in-home audition with the ultra dink, the Eddie Current DM-2(yep, his latest) and the dink. Should be some fun. Now of course, I can't keep them all so I wonder who's going back home and which will stay at my place?!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Hey pink one...lemme know how the ultra dink and dink stack up against each other. We can compare notes! Of course, that would mean we'd have to be civil to one another. Let's just agree for the time being that Redwingers and Habs can co-exist for a brief amount of time for the cause of advancing the love of music and gear......despite the fact that one of us is a pinko, redscum loving...nah, I'll play nice.....for now!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 31, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
more warmth than inside a florida babes bikini top.

I think we need an official ruling on this, tyrion. Can you guys do some direct comparisons at the meet this weekend?
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

May 31, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #9 of 26
kenW>I already know how the Emp Anniv. sounds. It sounds different to the Raptor. Where the Raptor strenghts is detail and neutrality the Emp anniv main strength is Warmth.

Against my melos the emp anniv. doesn't have the slam or extension in the bass dept. But it has better instrument seperation and detail. And on live accoustic, jazz (not my thing) it really comes alive. Whereas my melos is rock, dance, electronica.

I have got some more tubes for the Raptor and they should be with me within a few days. But now I am off to look for some tubes for my baby. I knew I would get it again someday.

I am finished now and I don't want anymore headphones and amps, although that Singlepower Maestro has caught my eye....
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jpelg>There's a babe who lives close by and she's from florida. There was so much "warmth" I thought her blouse ws going to meltdown...well i was hoping it would....

May 31, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
I think we need an official ruling on this, tyrion. Can you guys do some direct comparisons at the meet this weekend?
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

I will try to get one of the single guys to confirm this on Saturday. Not that we need confirmation to know the answer to this one.
evil_smiley.gif

May 31, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I will try to get one of the single guys to confirm this on Saturday. Not that we need confirmation to know the answer to this one.
evil_smiley.gif

I'm not single but that sounds like it'd be worth the trip.
tongue.gif

May 31, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #12 of 26
On other news, I'm glad you still own the Solo! Doesn't sound like it's in rotation on your line, tho, too bad!

May 31, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
kenW>I already know how the Emp Anniv. sounds. It sounds different to the Raptor. Where the Raptor strenghts is detail and neutrality the Emp anniv main strength is Warmth.

Against my melos the emp anniv. doesn't have the slam or extension in the bass dept. But it has better instrument seperation and detail. And on live accoustic, jazz (not my thing) it really comes alive. Whereas my melos is rock, dance, electronica.

I have got some more tubes for the Raptor and they should be with me within a few days. But now I am off to look for some tubes for my baby. I knew I would get it again someday.

I am finished now and I don't want anymore headphones and amps, although that Singlepower Maestro has caught my eye....
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jpelg>There's a babe who lives close by and she's from florida. There was so much "warmth" I thought her blouse ws going to meltdown...well i was hoping it would....

A bit more warmth is right up my alley. Hope I get my shot at hearing this and Craigs new offering together as my memory of what an amp sounds like isn't that long anymore.

Keep me posted on your tube rolling with the raptor and emp. If I can find a tube to warm the raptor up a bit, it might be just the ticket. If you get any extra of those UK "cheapie" tubes, we'll do some dealin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back