The Ultra Dink is coming...56k users beware.
post-1403990
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 26

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
11
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
I had one of these before and I made the mistake of letting it go. I didn't make the same mistake again when one came up.

should be here in a few days. Here's some shots from when I had it last. I will take shots of it next to the Raptor when it arrives.


It's attack of the giant amp....



How dinky is it?



I've got it!!!!!

Raptor: I'm dinkier...
EMP anniv.:No I am dinkier:
Raptor: Wanna step outside, meatstick?
EMP anniv:It will be my pleaseure, numbnuts...



another shot



So can I buy you a drink or what?

 
     Share This Post       
post-1404001
Post #2 of 26

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
10,901
Reaction score
32
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Posts
10,901
Likes
32
Congratulations on getting back the one you let go. I know you missed that amp since selling it. I think we are going to have one at the meet on Sat.
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404002
Post #3 of 26

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
4,722
Reaction score
11
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Posts
4,722
Likes
11
I've always loved my EMP. It's definitely one of my favorite toys!

 
     Share This Post       
post-1404005
Post #4 of 26

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
11
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
It's the Emp Anniversary edition. It's an EMP on steroids. better pace, more detail, more warmth than inside a florida babes bikini top (well not quite, but you get the idea).

Has a flight case for it. Although I have no idea why they would want to do that when it's so "dinky".
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404082
Post #6 of 26

fr4c

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
10
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Posts
3,186
Likes
10
well congrats. reunited at last!
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404122
Post #7 of 26

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
3,933
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Posts
3,933
Likes
10
Yum!! Me want!!


I'm hoping to get an in-home audition with the ultra dink, the Eddie Current DM-2(yep, his latest) and the dink. Should be some fun. Now of course, I can't keep them all so I wonder who's going back home and which will stay at my place?!


Hey pink one...lemme know how the ultra dink and dink stack up against each other. We can compare notes! Of course, that would mean we'd have to be civil to one another. Let's just agree for the time being that Redwingers and Habs can co-exist for a brief amount of time for the cause of advancing the love of music and gear......despite the fact that one of us is a pinko, redscum loving...nah, I'll play nice.....for now!
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404131
Post #8 of 26

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
Joined
Jan 19, 2002
Messages
8,675
Reaction score
26
Location
The Elm City
Joined
Jan 19, 2002
Location
The Elm City
Posts
8,675
Likes
26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
more warmth than inside a florida babes bikini top.


I think we need an official ruling on this, tyrion. Can you guys do some direct comparisons at the meet this weekend?
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404137
Post #9 of 26

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
11
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
kenW>I already know how the Emp Anniv. sounds. It sounds different to the Raptor. Where the Raptor strenghts is detail and neutrality the Emp anniv main strength is Warmth.

Against my melos the emp anniv. doesn't have the slam or extension in the bass dept. But it has better instrument seperation and detail. And on live accoustic, jazz (not my thing) it really comes alive. Whereas my melos is rock, dance, electronica.

I have got some more tubes for the Raptor and they should be with me within a few days. But now I am off to look for some tubes for my baby. I knew I would get it again someday.

I am finished now and I don't want anymore headphones and amps, although that Singlepower Maestro has caught my eye....


Jpelg>There's a babe who lives close by and she's from florida. There was so much "warmth" I thought her blouse ws going to meltdown...well i was hoping it would....
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404142
Post #10 of 26

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
10,901
Reaction score
32
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Posts
10,901
Likes
32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
I think we need an official ruling on this, tyrion. Can you guys do some direct comparisons at the meet this weekend?



I will try to get one of the single guys to confirm this on Saturday. Not that we need confirmation to know the answer to this one.
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404270
Post #11 of 26

gpalmer

We are the weird ones.
Joined
Apr 27, 2002
Messages
7,080
Reaction score
12
Joined
Apr 27, 2002
Posts
7,080
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I will try to get one of the single guys to confirm this on Saturday. Not that we need confirmation to know the answer to this one.



I'm not single but that sounds like it'd be worth the trip.
 
     Share This Post       
post-1404794
Post #12 of 26

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
21,331
Reaction score
26
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Posts
21,331
Likes
26
On other news, I'm glad you still own the Solo! Doesn't sound like it's in rotation on your line, tho, too bad!
 
     Share This Post       
post-1405358
Post #13 of 26

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
3,933
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Posts
3,933
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
kenW>I already know how the Emp Anniv. sounds. It sounds different to the Raptor. Where the Raptor strenghts is detail and neutrality the Emp anniv main strength is Warmth.

Against my melos the emp anniv. doesn't have the slam or extension in the bass dept. But it has better instrument seperation and detail. And on live accoustic, jazz (not my thing) it really comes alive. Whereas my melos is rock, dance, electronica.

I have got some more tubes for the Raptor and they should be with me within a few days. But now I am off to look for some tubes for my baby. I knew I would get it again someday.

I am finished now and I don't want anymore headphones and amps, although that Singlepower Maestro has caught my eye....


Jpelg>There's a babe who lives close by and she's from florida. There was so much "warmth" I thought her blouse ws going to meltdown...well i was hoping it would....



A bit more warmth is right up my alley. Hope I get my shot at hearing this and Craigs new offering together as my memory of what an amp sounds like isn't that long anymore.

Keep me posted on your tube rolling with the raptor and emp. If I can find a tube to warm the raptor up a bit, it might be just the ticket. If you get any extra of those UK "cheapie" tubes, we'll do some dealin'.
 
     Share This Post       
post-1407431
Post #15 of 26

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
10,901
Reaction score
32
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Posts
10,901
Likes
32
The pics look great. No question, that is the "ultra dink".
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top