THE Ultimate Step-By-Step Hifiman Headband Replacement Guide from OLDSTOCK Hifiman (HE-4/5LE/6/400/500) into the NEWSTOCK (HE-400i/560) !!!
Dec 19, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #106 of 180
I have been in contact with HiFiMan and they don't sell Headband any more :thinking:
I want the 560 headband for my HE-500 but it's all over now :cry:

That's very unfortunate.  I guess they caught on that lots of people were performing the mod to make the HE-500 a much more comfortable pair of headphones.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #108 of 180
I think so, but how can they just do what so if you broken your HE-560 so your lost :triumph:

If you have a pair of HE-560 headphones that have encountered an issue, you should be able to send them in for repair if the headphones are under warranty.  That's how other manufacturers deal with repair issues on their products.

Dec 19, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #113 of 180
I saw this on the HE-6 Thread (from dill3000) and I wanted to do this ever since. I think it gives the HE-6 a little bit of the flagship look it deservers.

The HE-400i cups were never really an option for me, but then again, it still looks better than my current HE-6 with the HD-600 headband cushion. (it is comfortable though)

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #115 of 180
So why not use/cannibalize a set of he350? they are going for pretty cheap used, and you dont have to feel to bad about it since they dont sound all that great to begin with 
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #116 of 180
You got me thinking now. As I already said, I want the HE-560 cups for the better looks, but I also don’t want to waste my custom cable, that I ordered on Black Friday (before I contacted Hifiman)

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #117 of 180
The use of the HE-350 for just the cups and the headband seems like a good idea.  I'm not sure if the mounting holes are the same for their dynamic driver as opposed for their planar driver though.  One would think they would make the housings and fittings as universal as possible to keep the parts count for their various offerings to a minimum.

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #119 of 180
So why not use/cannibalize a set of he350? they are going for pretty cheap used, and you dont have to feel to bad about it since they dont sound all that great to begin with :p

The use of the HE-350 for just the cups and the headband seems like a good idea.  I'm not sure if the mounting holes are the same for their dynamic driver as opposed for their planar driver though.  One would think they would make the housings and fittings as universal as possible to keep the parts count for their various offerings to a minimum.

The 350 headband/cups works perfectly. Swap took about 35 mins to complete. I'll post some pics shortly. Right now I'm terminating the stock 350 plug into 4pin xlr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back