The UK Headphone Society / UK CAN JAM 2009
Jan 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #136 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw c'mon don't be lazy
tongue.gif

if petrol was 40p a litre i would likely come but its a long old trek, its not the distance, i like my car, its the cost

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #140 of 162
I'm very sorry I havn't done anything to keep moving this forward in recent months. I've had domestic problems with ppl close to me that have affected me rather badly, in and of myself. I've been very disrupted and unsettled within myself, as a result of conflict and reciept of personal attacks from ppl 'close' to me, and my head just hasn't been and isn't still, really, in a place to push on with this, do it justice and progress with it on a concentrated, decisive, authorative level and undertake the responsibility involved. I've let it drift- somewhat irresponsibly it feels now- in the hope I'd sort myself out soon and be in a place to me able to give myself properly to continuing this task in a focused mindset, but that hasn't happened yet, and, as we hit April, I think I have to resign myself to passing on the reins to someone else and letting them take command and control of this whilst I sort myself out. [I don't wish to imply I was in total command of this process, as I wasn't, and that wasn't how I viewed my position in trying to get this going; I've said that above just for the ease of communication of what I'm retracting myself from atm]. I sincerely apologise to anyone I've disappointed and/or let down in the recent months of inactivity with this, and/or for having to pull myself out of this now.

I havn't communicated with Shadesbass (Tom) in this time of inactivity, so I don't know where his head is at with it and whether he is still committed to an active role in the process.

To anyone interested in taking charge, so to speak, of putting this into action now, let me know and I'll send you all the preliminary work I/we had come up with, with regards to forming a committee etc.

Who knows, I might work through and/or snap out of the issues I've got goin on for me now in the near future and feel able to committ myself to this again soon- and I'll certainly notify ppl as and when- but, at this point, I feel it's necessary to at least allow others the opportunity to take control of this process and drive it forward while I cannot. I will still be up for attending any meet, however, so keep us posted!

Kind Regards,

Steve

May 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #141 of 162
Would be interested in attending. No time for organising stuff though.

May 25, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #145 of 162
Every year I think about going but something else happens, This year I am in Rome for the champions league final. Hope you make it over there. If you do let us all know how you get on. It would be great to hear it from a British point of view.

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #147 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone still up for a small Manchester / North West meet up?

I'm Game for this.

What have you got in mind?

J

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #148 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone still up for a small Manchester / North West meet up?

I'd go.

Jun 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #150 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm Game for this.

What have you got in mind?

J

We could have a meet up round someone's house at the weekend (unfortunately my room is too small).
Failing that we could rent out a room for a few hours. My local Quaker house charges £14 per 3 hours for a classroom sized room, £25 for the big hall.
So it's not an awful amount of money split between a few people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back