The TV Thread (What's on your television?)
Oct 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #31 of 89

Quote:
I'm running a few years behind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now, I'm going through the DVD sets of "Lost." Love it!
Next up, I got the DVD sets of "Mad Men" cheap at BestBuy, through season four. Am looking forward to it!

LOST is the last tv show I watched on a weekly basis. The only tv show I watch now, and I do so irregularly, is Dark Shadows, making me more than a few years behind. 

I love the fly in Dark Shadows. You never know when the little guy will make an appearance. I also think Lara Parker is/was a phenomenal actress for the show. Nancy Barrett is plenty seductive, too. Good looking ladies does this show have. 

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #32 of 89
The first thing that hit me about this season of walking dead is the complete difference in style.  Last season was shot and acted much more cinema verite with its seemingly unscripted dialogue and lack of over-dramatization.  This season's opener was pretty much the opposite.  Way over the top in some scenes bordering on corny.

I still have high hopes though for next week's ep if only for the fact that they are finally getting to Hershel's farm which brings in a ton more main characters.  Hopefully leading to the more oddball stuff from the comic like Michonne and the prison story arc soon to follow.  Also waiting for Andrea to become the badass she is in the comic.

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #33 of 89
These last few episodes of Pan Am have pleasantly surprised me. The pilot just flew by me and I ended up neither knowing any of the characters nor getting engaged with the plot... but as of the fourth episode, it's hooked me pretty good.

I've been getting to know the characters, which the show has been developing well; the style is pleasantly like Mad Men lite; and there's a compelling dramatic aspect about it. It's a shame that the ratings have dropped significantly.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #35 of 89
Liking Sons of Anarchy...just got into it this season after watching the first 2 on netflix and a buddy;s copy of season 3. Also am still into Survivor....after all these years they still manage to change things just enough to give it a different feel.

Oct 21, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #37 of 89
It's mostly ESPN and sports. But i also love House, and Dexter. 

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #39 of 89
That's on my short list. 

I've been watching Parks & Recreation. I like it quite a bit more than The Office which I was surprised by. I've also been watching Home Movies for the first time in years. I forgot how hilarious this show is.

Quote:
Liking Sons of Anarchy...just got into it this season after watching the first 2 on netflix and a buddy;s copy of season 3. Also am still into Survivor....after all these years they still manage to change things just enough to give it a different feel.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #40 of 89
Except for sports and news, I currently/recently watch(ed) 2:

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #41 of 89
^ I loved Masterchef Australia, the content was more in-depth and interesting than the US version by far. Watched the first three seasons in a marathon sesson. :D

I've recently begun watching "Being Erica" and "Wonderfalls", both by Bryan Fuller, who was responsible for the lovely "Pushing Daisies". The premises of the shows are only slightly original,  but the cast and characters and witty dialogue makes them stand out.  Fuller also directed (or something) the pilot for "The Amazing Screw-on Head", which I actually quite wish was picked up:

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #42 of 89
Blackness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back