The Touhou AND Vocaloid music thread!
Jun 23, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #301 of 535
Most of the time YouTube's suggestions are completely useless to me, but this video is one of those rare exceptions.

Jul 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #303 of 535
^Same. 

Not really a fan of vocaloid stuff cause as the better your audio equipment gets, the worse that vocaloid stuff starts to sound xD. This is especially true of treble heavy headphones. I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, but this has got to be my favorite vocaloid song.

As for touhou, I never really liked the original games but Genius of Sappheiros is amazing. It'll be a while before Devil of Decline is translated but I'm looking forward to it! As for the music, touhou arrangements are the main thing that I listen to nowadays. I mostly listen to electronic music (alstroemeria, eastnewsound, halozy), instrumental/orchestral/jazz (foxfactory, foxtail-grass studios, golden city factory, forest306, ARA), and vocal oriented stuff. Nachi Sakaue is my favorite touhou vocalist xD. Here's one of my favorite arrangements:

By: Seventh-Heaven Maxion

I listen to a lot more stuff, so I'll try to post some music from circles that are less well known when I get the chance to. Btw here's a pic from the CIEM pictures thread of my set of UERMs, dedicated to the touhou mikos ^^

Edit: just skimmed through the thread and there seems to be a very disproportionate amount of vocaloid to touhou music here.

Jul 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #304 of 535
Also, I dont think this has been mentioned in this thread, but here are the two touhou radio stations that I listen to:

Gensokyo Radio - 128kbps. Plays a lot of music from well known doujin circles. 
Touhou Radio - 320kbps. Sometimes the BGs are NSFW. Tends to play music from less well known circles compared to Gensokyo Radio. 

There are download links to the .m3u files that you can use on foobar or other plays to stream the radio to the player instead of streaming through the websites. Good way to listen to touhou radio without stares or glances from other people in public :p

Here's an online stream version of the touhou lossless collection:
http://touhou.kuukunen.net/

Finally, the vast database for searching up, cataloging, and tagging touhou music, VGMDB.

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #305 of 535
Ah, looks like i have found paradise.
biggrin.gif

But my rig ain't enough to fit them all. Can anybody put a list of their best albums so I can get them later? I love electronica and vocals mainly. Rock? sometimes, when the vocal is good. I found some circles like eastnewsound and digital wing. But, i need more.

PLEASE, for the love of god
triportsad.gif
confused.gif
Please
plea

hear my plea,

P.S: i want full albums,  so please put their details properly alright.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #306 of 535
@Touhou Jazz:
If you haven't heard them, check out Tokyo-active NEETs (too lazy to look up the original name :3). Anything from them. I'm not much of a fan of Touhou arranges, but I just love them. 10th Avenue Cafe weren't that bad as well, but they're more Lounge/computer-made Jazz (as opposed to Tokyo-active NEETs, where everything is made with actual instruments IIRC).

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #307 of 535
Also, not related to Jazz, but for some strange reason I love this:

(if you can't see the video, quote it please. I'm having problems with embedding and I don't know if it's a bug or anything)

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #308 of 535
Again, a bit strange, but I found it great.

(again, I'd appreciate if someone quoted those videos, so everyone didn't have to)

Someone in the comments was right. Definitely sounds rather like something from Yume Nikki than Touhou. Still, it's awesome.
(don't really agree with the genre they labeled it as, but that's to be expected on YT)

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #309 of 535
I can't get enough of this song!

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #310 of 535
Also, not related to Jazz, but for some strange reason I love this:

(if you can't see the video, quote it please. I'm having problems with embedding and I don't know if it's a bug or anything)

As you mentioned above, i quoted you cause i can't see the vid, mind if you post it again?

Oh and does anybody know which frequency range is for them vocaloids? All i know is that they are mostly near the treble region. This is for better eq-ing my music.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #311 of 535
I tend to like my Vocaloid in MMD format 
smily_headphones1.gif

This creator mostly makes groupings....
But why not cover some Van Halen!
Iroha with NO pony tail, interesting Sweet Anne Model, IA plain ROCKS! 
Luka and Mieko I have see better models but these work...

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #312 of 535
Lots of talk about Bad Apple on this thread but I figured would not hurt having an MMD of Miku actually singing it with Teto ( an Utau )
Song as been done 100 of times but I still like it...

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #313 of 535
Quote:
Ah, looks like i have found paradise.
biggrin.gif

But my rig ain't enough to fit them all. Can anybody put a list of their best albums so I can get them later? I love electronica and vocals mainly. Rock? sometimes, when the vocal is good. I found some circles like eastnewsound and digital wing. But, i need more.

PLEASE, for the love of god
triportsad.gif
confused.gif
Please
plea

hear my plea,

P.S: i want full albums,  so please put their details properly alright.

Ah I listen to those circles as well. You have any favourite vocalists from them?

Might want to take a look into Crest, LC:AZE and SoundHolic stuff.

Could also look into I've Sound stuff if you're also into game/anime music for electro.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #314 of 535

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #315 of 535
Ah I listen to those circles as well. You have any favourite vocalists from them?

Might want to take a look into Crest, LC:AZE and SoundHolic stuff.

Could also look into I've Sound stuff if you're also into game/anime music for electro.

I would explore more of your suggested circles. Meanwhile, why don't you visit this http://musicost.blogspot.com/ and suggest me all the good albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back