The Touhou AND Vocaloid music thread!
May 19, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #511 of 535
Okay, ended up going to both the Dallas and the Houston concerts and confirmed some things.

1. Get a viewing position within the screen's width, NO MATTER HOW FAR BACK. I had bought a reserved seating ticket for Houston that was up and off to the left hand side, but upon arriving the attendant in that section told me they were relocating me to general admission...I was like "YESSSS!" on the inside and "okay, that's fine" on the exterior....was able to get a good spot right of center and about midway back. I brought binoculars just in case, but didn't need them. The Vocaloid's look much more 3D with better presentation than they did when I was way off to the left at the Dallas show.

2. No matter the venue, or the size of the crowd it will be quite an event. Even though the Houston event had noticeably less attendies than the Dallas concert (mostly because Houston was added on after most everyone bought their tickets for Dallas...) it still felt as big an event as the Dallas show, and in a few instances more intense. I would go to either venue again, though The Bomb Factory in Dallas is better setup and staffed than the NRG Arena in Houston. Both rocked...

3. Venues really need to have additional displays showing the vocaloid screen from a straight on dead center camera shot....because in both concerts there were a whole lot of people who couldn't see the stage, and with a Vocaloid concert the projection screen is the whole point of the concert in the first place. Just need two displays up high and to either side of the stage...then everyone can have a chance to see. Because really, the only view that is truely optimal is that within the width of the sceen, so like maybe 10% or so of the audience is all that gets to truely experience the visuals properly. Once you get outside of the screen the Vocaloid image starts looking really FLAT...

4. Good in-ear headphones are excellent for concerts. The Shure SE215 IEM's I just recent got are the best thing ever for hearing protection and while waiting you can listen to music to get ready for the show.... For the concert you get plenty of detail of sound with them since it's so loud, no detriment to the concert experience plus you keep your hearing safe. Get some nice IEM's... you can use them to listen to music and as hearing protection, 2 for 1 deal.

5. I hope there is an eventual move from projection on a screen to real 3D holographic projection at some point...if for no other reason than to keep the image from blurring so much when the bass kicks in... you feel and see the bass very intimately!

So yeah, I had an equally great time at both events - great memory that I won't ever forget and look forward to experiencing again if there is another chance to do so.

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #512 of 535
Thanks for sharing your experiences and for the advice. I look forward to the day that I can go to a Vocaloid concert myself.

It's about time someone posted some music again, so here I go. It's an enormous list, so I separated each 5 videos in no particular order so if you get tired, you can come back and listen to the next 5 without scrolling back.

​ 

Feb 15, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #518 of 535
Miku Expo is back this summer in the US after 2 years...

http://mikuexpo.com
Nice! Enjoy the concerts you go to.

This year, for the first time ever, there will be a pop concert with Hatsune Miku in Europe! In Paris to be precise, at the Japonismes 2018 event. Paris is not too far for me, so I hope I can make it. It would be my first Vocaloid pop concert.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #519 of 535
So, the tickets for the concert in Paris are available now, but there are 2 more concerts in Europe, one being in Cologne which is closer to me (the other one is in London), so I'll wait for those tickets to go on sale. It'll probably be on the 15th of this month.

Anyone else going to one of these concerts?

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #522 of 535
So what exactly is Hatsune Miku? It's a mascot they made for a piece of audio software and then when people make music with that software they use her image so that it appears she is "singing" the songs?

Also, there was a animation program made for Vocaloid as well called Miku Miku Dance ...aka MMD so people can basically make music videos. This is one of my favorites:

And graphics have improved somewhat over time:

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #523 of 535
Will be at Miku Expo in NYC. Was at the last few as well.
Nice! I also got my tickets now for Cologne. Nicely centered, relatively close to the front and elevated, so no one blocks the view. Very much looking forward to it!

Also, there was a animation program made for Vocaloid as well called Miku Miku Dance ...aka MMD so people can basically make music videos. This is one of my favorites:

And graphics have improved somewhat over time:

I couldn't have explained it better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back