The top bang-for-the-buck earbuds from FiiO,EM3 review recruitment is on Now!!!
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #121 of 165

And that was the most important test for these earbuds.

Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm?    No, it probably wasn't something most who care for their equipment will ever do but, as I mentioned in my original review,  I looked at these as a replace the ones that came with the phone.   Most of the time I am replacing earbuds at my house it is due to having been destroyed by my kids.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #122 of 165

Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm?    No, it probably wasn't something most who care for their equipment will ever do but, as I mentioned in my original review,  I looked at these as a replace the ones that came with the phone.   Most of the time I am replacing earbuds at my house it is due to having been destroyed by my kids.

It wasn't sarcastic. Non-waterproof earbuds are a failure in waiting so it's good to know these will survive a washing machine.

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #123 of 165
I cannot even start to explain why I find this so wrong. 

But I guess that you both are right, people eventually will need something they can toss around without a care in the world ! 

Though I doubt that fiio made them for this LOL. 

I am still waiting for my review pair to arrive. I think I will actually put it to test against other buds that came with my smartphone and cheap buds. IF EM3 beats those, I am happy to recommend them. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #124 of 165
  I cannot even start to explain why I find this so wrong. 

But I guess that you both are right, people eventually will need something they can toss around without a care in the world ! 

Though I doubt that fiio made them for this LOL. 

I am still waiting for my review pair to arrive. I think I will actually put it to test against other buds that came with my smartphone and cheap buds. IF EM3 beats those, I am happy to recommend them. 

I tested mine against the buds that came with my I-phone and the in-ears that came with my HTC m9.   I also had a handful of KZ, a VE monk, and a few others in the same price range.   I kinda figure comparing these to $1000 IEMS makes little sense as nobody is going to mistake one for the other.

Apr 13, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #126 of 165
Damn, the foam tips feel likes it takes the life out of the buds. The foam kind of feels like Donald Trump, trying to build up a wall between me and my music. 
But the foams are required for better positioning and fixation, without these I really can't get a good fit. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #127 of 165
Hi Guys, my review is up, please give me feedback on how i can improve, or any other comments! Thanks! 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-em3-open-earbud-earphones-with-in-line-microphone-black/reviews/15751

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #128 of 165
  Damn, the foam tips feel likes it takes the life out of the buds. The foam kind of feels like Donald Trump, trying to build up a wall between me and my music. 
But the foams are required for better positioning and fixation, without these I really can't get a good fit. 

Donut them - that is what a lot of us had to do.   I put mine and the bench and took a 9mm shell casing sharpened to cut the hole in the center of the pads.   It gives you a way to have the padding around the edge without getting in the way of your listening.

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #129 of 165

Donut them - that is what a lot of us had to do.   I put mine and the bench and took a 9mm shell casing sharpened to cut the hole in the center of the pads.   It gives you a way to have the padding around the edge without getting in the way of your listening.

Good idea. Might just try that out with something other than a 9mm shell

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #130 of 165
Apr 13, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #131 of 165

Hey it was handy and the right size, what can I say :wink:

yeah. i would try it if Singapore allows for legalised weapons for civillians. i guess its the good ol scissors for me then

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #132 of 165
  yeah. i would try it if Singapore allows for legalised weapons for civillians. i guess its the good ol scissors for me then

Try pulling the eraser off an old-school pencil, that should leave you a metal ring about the right size

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #133 of 165
Have you had the chance to try out the EM3? They're one of the few buds I've tried that work well with a very light seal. Could work for you since you can just pop them in without any worry of placement, for the most part. That's one of my favorite things about them; regardless of placement in your outer ear, sound quality is quite consistent.

thanks for the tip! i will try to find a pair

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #135 of 165

I have to agree with Scrambler, they are one of the most position neutral designs I have seen.  They sound about the same regardless of how lightly or firmly you put them in.  

for me it's less about the sound. it's just the fact this shape keeps falling out of my ear. very frustrating back when most earphones are like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back