1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Toneking discussion lounge

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. mbwilson111
    I have so many that would fit that description that I am at a loss as to what ONE i would suggest. My favorite is generally whatever is in my ears. Not sure what you mean by affordable but you would be amazed at what you can get between $5 and $30.

What would you be connecting them to?

Soundstage is usually greater with the average bud than with the average IEM, in my opinion.
    Bass can vary from bass light to more than enough for me. Define GOOD.

This would be a good question for the Earbud Roundup thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-2976#post-15182062

baskingshark likes this.
  2. baskingshark
    Yeah i'll head over there to ask some questions so as not to derail this thread.
    Since this is a Toneking thread, would u recommend the Toneking T0600 or Ting?

Usually at home i use a Khadas tone board -> fiio A3 amp.
    On the go I use a Ziku HK-X9 DAP or Tempotec sonata HD to android.
    I'm not sure if earbuds require a lot of juice like the traditional high impedance headphones?

3. mbwilson111
    Both of those are more expensive than what I was thinking when you said "affordable." For a long time the Ting was my most expensive bud. I think it is a great all rounder.

I have not heard the TO600. My husband has it but we do not listen to all of each others gear. When would we have time? I don't even have enough time for my own. I have only had a chance to listen to one album on my new TO180... but it was great! Leonard Cohen -You Want it Darker.

baskingshark likes this.
  4. thejoker13
    I just put the Toneking T66s in for the first time in awhile, and honestly forgot how good these are.
    Listening to Yosi Horikawa's latest album is pure bliss. The bass on "bubbles" is punchy and deep, and the high notes of the bouncing ping pong balls throughout are so clear and defined. Also the imaging is top notch. These are a very, very, very good sounding set.

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  5. KarmaPhala

baskingshark likes this.
  6. mbwilson111
    eek.. I hope my Ting does not turn green! I like how it looks now.

R0015367.JPG

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    KarmaPhala, jibberish and HungryPanda like this.
  7. micr0be
    Hey guys, I own Tin T2s and just got myself the KZ zs10 pro and I'm loving it much more than the T2s but there is a definite feeling of artificial sound that I can't put my finger on (I wonder if burn in makes a difference to that).
    But anyway I just bought the ToneKing 9T for 70£ based on this thread and I was really struggling for a while to get something better than the zs10 pro that was narrowed down between the Moondrop Kxxs and TFZ no.3 thats ~155£ and ~85£ respectively.

Does anyone have any experiences with these sets and can give me their opinions?

oh and I cave in and got the damn MH-755 at this point I didn't wanna be left out (still waiting for these got them in white because I read that the black ones are more likely to be fake)

8. Slater
    Toneking 9T>TinAudio T2>ZS10 Pro

9. tomaster
  10. acygni
    I actually have one up for sale here:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-toneking-tk16s-6ba1dd-hybrid-iem.910618/

My only problem with it is that it's too large for my ears. It next to the Fearless S8F lol:
    20190912_140409.jpg

For sound, it actually sounds the most balanced to my ears. It's the only set that sounds good with my LG G6 phone.
    Here are some brief comparisons.
    With the Audiosense T800:
    *With both my phone and PC, the T800 gave some harsh treble and sibilance. The T16K's sounds smooth, but I can hear the same details in the treble just pushed back a little.
    *The T800 actually got boomier sub bass despite using all BAs.

With the S8F:
    *The S8F got better separation, definition, sound stage.
    *The S8F has some bloated mid bass with my phone. Instruments in the mids gets a little muddied up sometimes. Though it improves when plugged directly into my PC's speaker jack.
    *Both have forward mids for the most part. Though vocals with the S8F sounds in-your-head while the Toneking's sounds in-your-face.
    *But because of the boosted mid bass, the upper mids with some female vocal can sound somewhat recessed with S8F. The Toneking sounds more natural.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    tomaster likes this.
  11. thejoker13
    Hey man, good luck with your sale!! I just received the LZ A6 finally, and also got the EE LX and Phantom from a tour that I forgot I had applied for months ago. I'm going to be busy with them for awhile so it didn't make sense to buy another iem for a bit. I am very interested in the Tk16s though and hope to be able to check them out eventually.

KarmaPhala, HungryPanda and peter123 like this.
  12. acygni
    Hey no problem. Thanks.

13. Slater
    There’s the problem

HungryPanda and baskingshark like this.
  14. acygni
    Hi. I know those are not the best sources. I have already participated in the discussion in the T800 thread not sure if you remember me. But there are ppl in situation that don't own high quality source. Though both my phone and PC motherboard use dedicated dac/amp so I don't think they are that seriously sh**ty.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  15. Slater
    Yes, I remember you, friend.

I understand your situation. I just want to make sure you understood that the problem wasn’t with the tuning of the T800, but rather your source. The T800 is low impedance, and when used with high impedance sources the treble gets harsh because of the impedance curve of the drivers.

I would recommend a dynamic driver. Something like the Toneking NineTail would be a good choice.

baskingshark likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last