1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Toneking discussion lounge

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Dani157
    Thanks @thejoker13 for creating this thread. Looking by the posts here, it seems this is really an underrated brand. With their lineup and impressions here, they seem like mid-fi kings! All these 9tails impressions are making me salivate, can't wait to purchase them. Unfortunately, currency exchanges have made me pause on my spending spree as anything over $50 will cost me a bomb in INR. But 11.11 is the time to splurge and 9tails is especially the one on my radar.

Just out of curiosity, I've only tried crappy earbuds shipped with mobile phones back in the day. What's the exact difference between earbuds and IEMs? In terms of SQ and probably fit. Because for my home listening my mom always complains that I'm too disconnected with the environment. And this is what's prompting me to consider earbuds. Apologies, if this isn't the right forum for this.

thejoker13 likes this.
  2. mbwilson111
    You could ask on the Earbuds Roundup thread...or call @HungryPanda into this one..

You could start with the Ting. Great all rounder and well regarded.

3. HungryPanda
    TO600 in a word "lovely"

thejoker13 and peter123 like this.
  4. Slater
    Wow, you read my mind!

ShakyJake and baskingshark like this.
  5. HungryPanda
    Toneking[1].jpg

6. Broquen
    :-[... Salivating!

HungryPanda likes this.
  7. peter123
    I think you just solf it too me, I'm really hard to convince :wink:

My favorite earbuds (while I was still using them, this was a long time ago) were the VE Zen/Zen 2.0 and TY HI-Z 320/400S have you heard any of those? I just don't want to buy something that sounds very similar to something I've got already...

8. HungryPanda
    i have the
    Ty Hi-z 320 Ohm and Ty Hi-z 314 300 ohm of these I prefer the 320 as it has a little more bass, the 314 is brighter. The Toneking TO600 is like the best of both combined, I do have a balanced cable on the Tonekings though but bass is just right to me and soundstage is a bit wider, treble is very nice

peter123 likes this.
  9. peter123
    Thanks a lot, I'm going to give them a shot :)

10. HungryPanda
    You will like them, I am sure

peter123 and thejoker13 like this.
  11. baskingshark
    U won't regret the 9T, I got the 9T around the same period as the TFZ No. 3 and Sony MH755 (both single DD IEMs) and I actually was more excited about receiving the No. 3, but in the end, 9T is the one I go back to on an almost daily basis.
    I have seen it go to 80ish USD during sales, maybe even lower with coupons on AE.

As for earbuds I ain't a fan of them cause of the poorer isolation compared to IEMs, but it seems the earbud technology has evolved excellently the past few years. The Toneking T0600 and Ting look very interesting. I'm open to trying a pair maybe at the next sale if it is discounted enough. Unfortunately I do require robust isolation for stage monitoring and commuting on buses/subways, so earbuds will not be my priority though.

Dani157 likes this.
  12. thejoker13

13. thejoker13
    We'll have to see. I'll definitely consider it if they're as good as what I've been hearing. They were supposed to arrive today, but ended up not showing up. Tomorrow hopefully is the day!

14. mbwilson111
    Earbuds are more of a substitute for headphones. Great for home listening when you don't want the weight of a headphone, especially when the weather is hot. Of course they would not be used for stage monitoring or in noisy environment. Some people do use them outdoors though when isolation would make them less safe, when they need to be aware of their environment. I know many earbud lovers use them in an office setting where they can't allow themselves to be totally cut off if someone needs to speak to them.

There are many times at home when I cannot use iems... like if I am expecting a delivery of more iems and need to hear the doorbell :)

15. baskingshark
    K thanks for the advise.
    Just out of curosity, do u know of any affordable earbud that can give a good soundstage (maybe similar to the sennheisers if possible?) but also has good bass and good timbre? I wouldn't mind trying a pair like that.

Viajero likes this.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last