1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Toneking discussion lounge

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. mbwilson111
    What model is that?

2. thejoker13
    I hope you get a chance to try the T88k's then at some point, as they seem to be right up your alley. I also like to do most of my listening at night as well! It's nice to be able to kick back and relax to good music and without interruption.

mbwilson111 and baskingshark like this.
  3. thejoker13
    It's called the BL1 I believe. I am thinking maybe your husband owns it. For some reason I think I remember reading that in a thread at some point. I could be mistaken though.

4. Broquen
    A4s are very versatile. From basshead levels with red back filters to quite balanced with blue ones. In fact, filters do a very good job changing signature, both back (bass) and front (mids/highs) ones. The main difference is maybe the open design of A4s, granting a big soundstage. Cannot compare with 9tails nor FDX1, but I think all three should be recognized as very good value.

thejoker13 and baskingshark like this.
  5. mbwilson111
    I only found these in his list
    IEMs
    Toneking TK2
    Toneking TW1

Earbuds
    Toneking TO600
    Toneking TO400s
    Toneking TO200
    Toneking MrZ Tomahawk Z
    Toneking TP16 32 ohm
    Toneking TY2

I have
    IEM
    Toneking Nine Tail

Earbuds
    Toneking ROS1
    Toneking Ting
    Toneking TO180 - 150 ohm MMCX

Broquen and baskingshark like this.
  6. chickenmoon
    I have 9T and BL1. 9T is great, BL1 is terrible, if you're looking for a nicer planar get the Tin P1 instead.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  7. thejoker13
    Can you expound on that? I've read/watched alot on the P1, but haven't heard much about the BL1 at all. What don't you like about the BL1?

8. thejoker13
    Hmm, I must be confusing him with someone else. But wow, what a collection of Tonekings! I honestly didn't even realize they had that many different products! I've always wanted to try one of their earbuds, but have no idea which one to try.

9. ChrisHeld1989
    What about the new Toneking P10? Did somebody knows something about it?

10. archdawg
    Not exactly. Again, I guess that they just glued a half shell with a nozzle and a tiny vent port on their existing Tomahawk earbuds, resulting in an overly bassy and boomy sound sig. Anyway, since the Tomahawk earbuds have been very positively reviewed by a good number of folks and seem to contain some pretty decent DDs I'd just need to retune my copies and see what that leads to. The first thing would be to reduce that bass by ever so carefully widening the front vent bit by bit - I don't want any shavings, however tiny to end up inside those shells. Let's see when I find the time - I'll report back.
    Regarding the Nine Tail I could have had them for about 60€ during the last sale on AE but flinched at the last moment since I have way too many IEMs already. I'll probably snatch up a set on 11.11. though. Right now I'm more focused on those JVC HA FDX1 - looks like some serious competiton to the CA Atlas and 1650/1670 Acoustune - finally.

baskingshark likes this.
  11. chickenmoon
    Midrange and treble sounds very weird and "wonky". I posted a measurement graph (bass is lower than measured but still strong) in the Oxygen thread a while back: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tanchjim-oxygen-impressions-thread.901366/page-17#post-14916986

Despite its weirdness I still kinda liked it back then as it was new but no more.

12. baskingshark
    Wow for 60 euros I would have bought a 2nd set as a gift.

I'm also looking very very hard at the JVC HA FDX1, but I'm in two minds about it cause of its cost and also I already have a Nine tails. One of the things putting me off getting the JVC is the lack of bass from FR and reviews.

archdawg likes this.
  13. zazaboy
    @thejoker13 I woud like to see a thread and impressions of lz a6 too when you have it :ksc75smile:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  14. KarmaPhala
    I have toneking ting, to200 and bl1 planar. I love ting and to200 but bl1 is too warm for my taste

HungryPanda likes this.
  15. peter123
    ^^This.

For the first time in a very long while I feel the urge to try a new bud. The TO600 can be had for less than $65 on Aliexpress, has anyone heard them?

Nice thread btw :)

thejoker13 and baskingshark like this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last