The Thraaaaash Metalllllllll Thread! (thrash metal)
Oct 20, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #17 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mem Von Stein that was the vocalist for Exumer on Possessed By Fire is now on a US band called Sun Descends, haven't had the change to listen to them yet.

Another three bands came to mind from many years ago that haven't yet been mentioned and that aren't part of the really known ones: Xentrix, Defiance and Tankard.

Defiance. That takes me back.

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #18 of 159
Just a few days ago i got a copy of "By Inheritance" on vinyl, cheap but quite rare, because no one is interested in Artillery, but in my opinion is the best thrash album after Bonded By Blood...which i have on a vinyl copy as well... We really have to search for unknown bands, because if we look to the oldschool only, this genre is dead, bands like Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, etc have all gone either mainstream or to that horrible Pantera-inspired groove metal...

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #19 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of you guys should check out Mokoma, easily the best of the modern day thrash bands and one of the few worth checking out.

Mokoma is a good band, though I dont consider them as just Thrash bands, but they have many songs that belong to bit different genres. Stam1na, which has bit similar style, is more modern Thrash oriented IMO. Great stuff too.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's some great, lesser known Thrash albums:

Anacrusis - Manic Impressions

Man, it's hard to find the CD's for these guys. Luckily, you can actually download the albums from the band website! I downloaded the first album Suffering Hour and it's tremendous. Glad I started this thread, as it may have been a long time until I learned of this band. Thanks!
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #21 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, it's hard to find the CD's for these guys. Luckily, you can actually download the albums from the band website! I downloaded the first album Suffering Hour and it's tremendous. Glad I started this thread, as it may have been a long time until I learned of this band. Thanks!
ksc75smile.gif

Really a very good band, i listened to something from youtube, i'm downloading the albums right now...anyone knows other bands who put their albums online for free ? Maybe it will be a good idea to put a list on the opening post...

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #22 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really a very good band, i listened to something from youtube, i'm downloading the albums right now...anyone knows other bands who put their albums online for free ? Maybe it will be a good idea to put a list on the opening post...

One excellent band that I forgot to mention earlier is Heathen. You can download the first two albums from their website (again, completely gratis):

The Official HEATHEN Website!

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #23 of 159
searching for the band you posted i came across this website, Free Metal Albums it offers quite a large collection of free underground metal albums, mostly demos but there are many Full lenght...

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #24 of 159
Quote:

One excellent band that I forgot to mention earlier is Heathen. You can download the first two albums from their website (again, completely gratis):

The Official HEATHEN Website!

EZ
Heathen sounds good............question
Website that you link says two previous albums can be downloaded but I don't see how to do that? I see how to stream playback but how do you download to your computer?

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #25 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EZ
Heathen sounds good............question
Website that you link says two previous albums can be downloaded but I don't see how to do that? I see how to stream playback but how do you download to your computer?

You have to download each song individually. Right-click...save as...etc.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #26 of 159
Quote:

You have to download each song individually. Right-click...save as...etc.

OK that works..............takes some effort but for free I can dig it!

Some kewl tracks there like "goblin blade" etc \m/

Oct 21, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #27 of 159
Quote:

ksc75smile.gif

I grabbed Anacrusis "suffering" album also........I actually have the CDs for albums "manic impression" and "screams and whispers" but haven't listened to them for years

Whoever mentioned that debut album by Rigor Mortis.......good call, I picked that one up

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #28 of 159
For a complete trash metal newbie what would you recommend as a definite must have? I honestly don't know much of the genre but am interested in learning more. Basically any "classic" must have albums would be nice to know.

Thanks.

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #29 of 159
Good starting place for complete newbie is Metallica's first three albums. Slayer - Reign in Blood is also worth checking, though I dont really like Slayer, it just doesnt click for me. Kreator - Coma Of Souls is also worth checking, good and solid "mild" Thrash Metal.

For harsher and rawer Thrash, earlier mentioned Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence is a must have, which is also rereleased lately. Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death is also good, though good luck finding one by legal routs if you must have a disc in hand. Its a collectors gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back