The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 5, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #3,047 of 4,689
Not to mention the Hyper X has a mic from what I see at amazon. They are $70 there but I paid $43 for the Gemini version.

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #3,049 of 4,689
Are the Cloud earpads better? If so, in what way?

Better than the original ones. Original ones are shallow and quite hard. This is why mostly everyone hear who own the Takstars use the HM5 ear pads.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #3,055 of 4,689
Just realised Cowon C2+ Topping NX1 combo was completely wrong for Takstar Pro80 + HM5 velour pads. Mid bass was completely absent and highs were little too sharp.
Used Cowon C2 + Fiio E6 and wow....this combination is just perfect. Bass is back, highs are not harsh. Bass bleeds into mids a little but its just when you compare with other combination. Otherwise it helps in making mids more fuller. I had to sacrifice on soundstage a bit but the difference too small.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #3,056 of 4,689
  Not to mention the Hyper X has a mic from what I see at amazon. They are $70 there but I paid $43 for the Gemini version.

I'll be honest, people are still raving about the HM5 velour pads... I didn't like them. $25 for a bit of extra comfort, modified sound (for the worse in my view) decreased isolation and a magnet for fur and lint. I went back to the stock ones and I'm much more happy with them.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #3,057 of 4,689
I'll be honest, people are still raving about the HM5 velour pads... I didn't like them. $25 for a bit of extra comfort, modified sound (for the worse in my view) decreased isolation and a magnet for fur and lint. I went back to the stock ones and I'm much more happy with them.

The pleather HM5 is much better

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #3,058 of 4,689
I  use velour on hi2050 and pleather on pro80. Bass got bit boomy when I had pleather hm5 pads on hi2050 and pro80 sound a bit thin with velours. People who design headphones usually know what they are doing so most of the time you don't get better sound using pleather pads on a headphone that is tuned to be used with velours or the other way around. Both pads are excellent when pad material is chosen accordingly, often increasing the sound quality even on more expensive headphones. For example I've used velour hm5 pads on hd600 and pleather ones on w1000x.

Apr 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #3,059 of 4,689
Yea, I've been heaing that now. Using the velour changes the sound too much from what I'm hearing. Go stock or use the pleather ones I'm hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back