The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 21, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #3,016 of 4,685
For the sound quality and build quality it's hard to beat. You can also try the Sony MDR-V6, but I've personally not heard it so cannot comment on how it will sound with EDM. But they're supposed to be a flat/neutral headphone.
I think I will stick with the Takstar.. Thank you very much for your advices DJScope!

I'll be happy to hear more opinions though :)

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #3,017 of 4,685
The one you gave costs $77 including shipping to Israel, isn't that better already to buy it from here? I mean, here it comes with a year warranty and on eBay it has no warranty at all and also takes long time until it arrives..

My main debate is whether the headphones really worth $115, or is there something better for this price range so I will invest my money better..

My budget was at the start $50, I feel guilty for upping it :/

Lol when I joined in May 2013 it was to do some research to replace a broken pair of IEMs and my budget was about $50. Fast forward less than 2 years and I've now got a HD800 driven by a Audio Gd Master 9 and a NFB-1 DAC. Somehow I don't think it will be end game. Sorry for your wallet and enjoy the journey. 
eek.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #3,018 of 4,685
  Lol when I joined in May 2013 it was to do some research to replace a broken pair of IEMs and my budget was about $50. Fast forward less than 2 years and I've now got a HD800 driven by a Audio Gd Master 9 and a NFB-1 DAC. Somehow I don't think it will be end game. Sorry for your wallet and enjoy the journey. 
eek.gif

Aww hope I will not end up like that :X

Btw, anyone has more opinion on the Takstar Pro 80 worth and music fit?

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #3,019 of 4,685
Hey guys,
Someone has told me that the HyperX Cloud are exactly the same headphones as the Takstar Pro 80, is that true?
The HyperX Cloud cost here less than the Takstar, but are they really the EXACT same headphones, only with mic difference? (Pads, bass punch, clarity, everything the same?)

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #3,020 of 4,685
  Hey guys,
Someone has told me that the HyperX Cloud are exactly the same headphones as the Takstar Pro 80, is that true?
The HyperX Cloud cost here less than the Takstar, but are they really the EXACT same headphones, only with mic difference? (Pads, bass punch, clarity, everything the same?)

Thanks!

Yes that is correct. The HyperX Cloud is a modified Pro 80. If you can get it cheaper than get it! It pretty much already has the pad upgrade and removable cable mod. It's a win-win situation!

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #3,023 of 4,685
The one you gave costs $77 including shipping to Israel, isn't that better already to buy it from here? I mean, here it comes with a year warranty and on eBay it has no warranty at all and also takes long time until it arrives..

My main debate is whether the headphones really worth $115, or is there something better for this price range so I will invest my money better..

My budget was at the start $50, I feel guilty for upping it :/

I live in Israel too and there is not a single piece of equipment that I bought locally. Israeli retailers are thieves, to say the least, that justify the high prices by blaming it on the import taxes. I didn't have a single headphone fail on me cause I take a good care of them but I did have one that was DOA. It had a faulty cable but it was detachable so I just used a different one that I had lying around instead of going through all the trouble of sending it back. Israeli salesmen try to lure you in by playing on your fear of the equipment failing on you which is not suppose to happen in the first place. In case of headphones, the thing that fails the most is the cable which is most of the time not covered by warranty cause it fails because of heavy use.

My point is, headphones are not a complicated electronic device such as DACs or amps. They either work or they don't and if they don't it's probably because of physical damage that is not even covered by warranty.

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #3,024 of 4,685

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Yes that is correct. The HyperX Cloud is a modified Pro 80. If you can get it cheaper than get it! It pretty much already has the pad upgrade and removable cable mod. It's a win-win situation!

What about the Gemini DJ HSR-1000? Do they sound the exact same as the Kingston HyperX Cloud and Takstar Pro 80? Can anyone else confirm?

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #3,025 of 4,685
Mar 22, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #3,027 of 4,685
Thanks for that info... I wonder why the Gemini one costs a lot less than the others?

I am also super interested in those, especially the clouds for gaming. Been using the Takstar hifi 2050s for about 5 days so far and I like them so much that now I'm curious about their closed back brothers. I thought I'd have to use an external dac amp but they sound real good directly off my laptop with dolby. 

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #3,030 of 4,685
Thanks for that info... I wonder why the Gemini one costs a lot less than the others?

Maybe you should be asking why there other ones cost more?
Somebody might be buying the HSR-1000 in bulk, at the source in China and shipping them directly to their retail operation here in the USA, bypassing the wholesalers.

I paid about $65 for my Gemini HSR-1000, great headphones for $65, even better when they cost $44.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-HSR-1000-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B006Y2BI04

Users who are viewing this thread

Back