The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 17, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #3,001 of 4,685
In comparing the HSR-1000 to the HI-2050, is the fit virtually the same? Inside diameter of cups, ear space, clamping pressure?

I know one is open and one is closed, but how does the sound compare?

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #3,002 of 4,685
  I was finally able to get these godforsaken HM5 pads on to my Pro 80s. Very comfy as I had already tested the pads themselves. The sound remains largely unaffected, the sound stage has gotten a tad bigger. A good mod indeed!

EDIT: bass also seems a bit toned down.

Are those the velour pads? How does the ear space and depth compare to the stock pads?

I have the HI-2050 and wonder if the HM5 pads have more ear space.

Thanks.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #3,003 of 4,685

Are those the velour pads? How does the ear space and depth compare to the stock pads?

I have the HI-2050 and wonder if the HM5 pads have more ear space.

Thanks.

I am using HM5 Velour pads on my HI2050. I do not find any significant difference in terms of width of ear space (but in depth, they do though by having a wee bit deeper space to breath) when compared against the stock velvet pads.

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #3,005 of 4,685
Hi Guys,
I been reading most of this thread but still have a question.

What I would like to know is how "good" the Pro80 is in regards to blocking outside noise?
(EDIT: Might also be interested in HD6000, but it seems this one have quite a bit of bass compared to the others?)

I already have the 2050 and I think they are ok. Granted I do not have much experience of headphones, more been using IEMs (currently worth of note are Shure SE315 and SE846)
Unfortunately the 2050 are close to useless at home where I mostly use them - I am freelancing and have office in my home. Currently living in Hong Kong where the build quality and sound insulation between apartments are quite low, and I need to be able to blick out surrounding noise while I work.

As I said I am interested in the Pro80, but I am not averse to upgrade to a higher level (cost) if i can get any good suggestions / for example, how would Shures closed cans perform in terms of insulation and Sq compared to Pro80? Mostly interested in 840, but since I read it have quality issues I might stretch to 1540..

Mar 19, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #3,006 of 4,685
  Hi Guys,
I been reading most of this thread but still have a question.

What I would like to know is how "good" the Pro80 is in regards to blocking outside noise?
(EDIT: Might also be interested in HD6000, but it seems this one have quite a bit of bass compared to the others?)

I already have the 2050 and I think they are ok. Granted I do not have much experience of headphones, more been using IEMs (currently worth of note are Shure SE315 and SE846)
Unfortunately the 2050 are close to useless at home where I mostly use them - I am freelancing and have office in my home. Currently living in Hong Kong where the build quality and sound insulation between apartments are quite low, and I need to be able to blick out surrounding noise while I work.

As I said I am interested in the Pro80, but I am not averse to upgrade to a higher level (cost) if i can get any good suggestions / for example, how would Shures closed cans perform in terms of insulation and Sq compared to Pro80? Mostly interested in 840, but since I read it have quality issues I might stretch to 1540..

They are really good, and when you upgrade to the HM5 pads the isolation is even better. I can blast the music on full volume and press the pads together and not hear anything. That's how good it is.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #3,007 of 4,685

They are really good, and when you upgrade to the HM5 pads the isolation is even better. I can blast the music on full volume and press the pads together and not hear anything. That's how good it is.

Thanks DJScope,
I just pressed the button for a pair straight form the factory e-commerce site on taobao so I should have it relatively soon (living in Hong Kong does have some advantages).
Ill post some comparisons when I listened to them for a while.
/Stefan

Edit/Update: Got my Brainwavs HM5 Black velour pads and put on my 2050, definitely more comfortable and somewhat better sounsd as well, I felt as if the bass got a bit louder. Still too early to say though. Took me only few minutes to put them on compared to what many here say. What I did was that instead of pushing the pad rims into the slit right away, I first pushed them all over the edge, and then when they were well seated over the cups, eased them into the slits.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #3,008 of 4,685
How are the pro-80 with electronic / dance music? I search headphones for enjoyable electronic / dance music but also for a little producing. Haven't found any information about how these sound with that kind of music.

Any opinions?

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #3,009 of 4,685
How are the pro-80 with electronic / dance music? I search headphones for enjoyable electronic / dance music but also for a little producing. Haven't found any information about how these sound with that kind of music.

Any opinions?

My main preference in music is Trance and I thoroughly enjoy listening to the Pro 80s. Though I do wish that there was a little bit more treble extension.

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #3,011 of 4,685
Ok thank you very much for the answer! Do you think it worth $115 which is the price of it in my country?

To be honest, I think the Takstar Pro 80 deserve a price tag around $150-$200, because it is better than a lot of headphones in this range. What country are you in?

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #3,013 of 4,685
I
I live in Israel..

Try this place. They come from Australia but sell worldwide.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takstar-Pro80-Monitoring-Headphones-DJ-Style-Over-the-Ear-Pro-Studio-Headphone-/271793750166?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f482b8096

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #3,014 of 4,685
The one you gave costs $77 including shipping to Israel, isn't that better already to buy it from here? I mean, here it comes with a year warranty and on eBay it has no warranty at all and also takes long time until it arrives..

My main debate is whether the headphones really worth $115, or is there something better for this price range so I will invest my money better..

My budget was at the start $50, I feel guilty for upping it :/

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #3,015 of 4,685
The one you gave costs $77 including shipping to Israel, isn't that better already to buy it from here? I mean, here it comes with a year warranty and on eBay it has no warranty at all and also takes long time until it arrives..

My main debate is whether the headphones really worth $115, or is there something better for this price range so I will invest my money better..

For the sound quality and build quality it's hard to beat. You can also try the Sony MDR-V6, but I've personally not heard it so cannot comment on how it will sound with EDM. But they're supposed to be a flat/neutral headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back