The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #2,926 of 4,694
  Is there a video or tutorial on how to change the pads of Takstar HI2050 from stock to HM5 Velour?

Tried searching over the web and could not find a video/image(s) that showed off this procedure. It will be great for noob like me, if any of you who have already done this to their cans could point the direction.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen a tutorial, but it's pretty straightforward. Just pull the old pads off, then stretch the new ones into place. It takes a bit of force to get the HM5 pads over the lip on the Takstars, but you just have to pull them a bit.

Mar 1, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #2,927 of 4,694
Guys, I need your help. I would like to mod the cable of my Pro 80s to be detachable ala Superlux once I get them, but I have no idea what components to look for. Here's my specific question: what components should I get and what cable would be ideal for them? The store that I can get the stuff from is eBay. I'd like a durable cable too if possible so go nuts with the price if you have to.

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #2,928 of 4,694
  Guys, I need your help. I would like to mod the cable of my Pro 80s to be detachable ala Superlux once I get them, but I have no idea what components to look for. Here's my specific question: what components should I get and what cable would be ideal for them? The store that I can get the stuff from is eBay. I'd like a durable cable too if possible so go nuts with the price if you have to.

Have a look here for the mod: http://www.head-fi.org/t/715176/diy-takstar-pro-80-removable-cable-mod

In terms of cable. Any quality cable will be adequate. It's up to you how extravegant you want to go.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #2,929 of 4,694

its a super easy mod,
for a cable take the original one
sleeve it in 550 paracord and solder on a new 3.5mm connector
you'll end up 
with something really nice for only a few bucks

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #2,930 of 4,694
Is there a video or tutorial on how to change the pads of Takstar HI2050 from stock to HM5 Velour?

Tried searching over the web and could not find a video/image(s) that showed off this procedure. It will be great for noob like me, if any of you who have already done this to their cans could point the direction.

Thanks in advance.

The lip of the original HI2050 pad is much smaller than the lip on the HM5 pads so that it will go all the way into the gap without reaching the screws that hold the baffle to the cup. The gap between the baffle and the cup is very tight too. What I did was to cut the rim of the lip out (the part where there is rubber ring glued in the inside of the lip) and than stretched the pads on the baffles than pushed the lips into the gap using plastic separator that is used to pray open cell phones. That way it looks much more esthetic cause the pad doesn't sticks out to the sides of the cup and holds tightly in place without a lot of play.

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #2,931 of 4,694
After an hour of struggle, successfully inserted HM5 pads onto my Takstar HI2050
atsmile.gif

Thanks @orionschmidt and @Hal Rockwell for the help
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #2,936 of 4,694
Mar 3, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #2,937 of 4,694
hi
just recieved my  gemini hsr-1000 (pro 80) from amazon.
sound is superb but it sounded me too darky, i changed pads with my older hm5 pads.
is there any  mod too make it sound brighter..damn too dark sound forme

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #2,938 of 4,694
Give it a while to burn in, or your brain to get accustomed to the sound. If that does not help sent your heaphones back because those are faulty. There is no way that pro80's can sound dark unless you got a defect unit.

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #2,939 of 4,694
  Thanks guys. I was thinking of getting a specific cable that one of you liked and that also struck my fancy. Anybody have any specific cables they particularly like?

look in the diy cable gallery
if you see something you like we'll help you make it
if you can do the removable mod you can make a cable

need more info pm me
as this is off topic
or go to the diy forums

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,940 of 4,694
This might sound infamous, but I don't particularly *want* to create my own cable. I'll pay someone to make the mod for me in due time, the cable is where I could go ahead and purchase something from eBay. That's why I asked, though I do appreciate your guys' sentiment, I'm just not very much of a DIYer when it comes to headphones. Would something like this do? http://www.ebay.com/itm/111384013170?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm very much open to suggestions also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back