The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #2,896 of 4,694
Been listening to this tune on repeat for like 1 hour now with the HI 2050. Now that's what I call eargasm
basshead.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2,897 of 4,694
  Been listening to this tune on repeat for like 1 hour now with the HI 2050. Now that's what I call eargasm
basshead.gif

Hopefully you can stay content with a single pair of headphones. Most people on here love a headphone and then get bored of it and want the next best thing. The end result is their wallet hurting. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,898 of 4,694

Hopefully you can stay content with a single pair of headphones. Most people on here love a headphone and then get bored of it and want the next best thing. The end result is their wallet hurting. 

The Takstar is not the only one I own. I also possess Grado Sr125i, Beyer DT990, Senn hd 239 and Nocs Ns 200 (IEM), all (much more) expensive than the Takstar but the funny thing is that this can stays on my head the second most only after the Beyer
biggrin.gif
. It has it flaws obviously but at that price point I just couldn't ask for more.

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #2,899 of 4,694
  The Takstar is not the only one I own. I also possess Grado Sr125i, Beyer DT990, Senn hd 239 and Nocs Ns 200 (IEM), all (much more) expensive than the Takstar but the funny thing is that this can stays on my head the second most only after the Beyer
biggrin.gif
. It has it flaws obviously but at that price point I just couldn't ask for more.

Grados are pain! absolute pain. I recently picked up a pair of sony mdr ma900's and put the beyer 990 pads on them. The end result is grado's sound but with 10x better comfort and no listening fatigue. The 990's are a hit or miss pair of headphones. I used to really love sennheiser and outside of the 650/800 not the biggest fan anymore. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,900 of 4,694
Grados are pain! absolute pain. I recently picked up a pair of sony mdr ma900's and put the beyer 990 pads on them. The end result is grado's sound but with 10x better comfort and no listening fatigue. The 990's are a hit or miss pair of headphones. I used to really love sennheiser and outside of the 650/800 not the biggest fan anymore. 

There's always the possibility to mod the Grado's, I've got a HD650 headband and HM5 velours on my 325is and they're now very comfortable :)

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #2,902 of 4,694

The HD 239 is the first decent headphone I purchased after having a full time job. Before that I own a Sony MDR Zx100 and a bunch of Chinese cheapos (Microlab, Ovann) that never last longer than 4 months. The Grado comfort is fine for me however I doubt I could be wearing it continuously in the sumer, the S-cushions heat up so damn fast!. Soundwise I'm not a picky listener, every housesound has something to offer imho. I always try to make the most out of all the things I have, for example: Takstar for acoustic/classical guitar/rock; Beyer for EDM and other genres that benefit from heavy bass; Grado for extreme metal, the Sennheiser/Nocs for on the go listening. I would love to someday add to my collection some high end cans like the 650 or 701, but that will surely be a pain economically
ph34r.gif

Also, one trick I would like to share to the ones still using original HI 2050 pads: insert some stiff cables (I'm using internet cable) in the inside the pads. That will probably prevent your earlobes from touching the pads and increase the soundstage to some degree.

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,903 of 4,694

The HD 239 is the first decent headphone I purchased after having a full time job. Before that I own a Sony MDR Zx100 and a bunch of Chinese cheapos (Microlab, Ovann) that never last longer than 4 months. The Grado comfort is fine for me however I doubt I could be wearing it continuously in the sumer, the S-cushions heat up so damn fast!. Soundwise I'm not a picky listener, every housesound has something to offer imho. I always try to make the most out of all the things I have, for example: Takstar for acoustic/classical guitar/rock; Beyer for EDM and other genres that benefit from heavy bass; Grado for extreme metal, the Sennheiser/Nocs for on the go listening. I would love to someday add to my collection some high end cans like the 650 or 701, but that will surely be a pain economically
ph34r.gif

Also, one trick I would like to share to the ones still using original HI 2050 pads: insert some stiff cables (I'm using internet cable) in the inside the pads. That will probably prevent your earlobes from touching the pads and increase the soundstage to some degree.

Brainwavz pads on the 2050 are a whole different level vs stock. I've tried both velour and pleather and both add comfort and a nice sound improvement. Velour gives you more soundstage, little crisper mids and more comfort. The pleather gives you more isolation and a more satifying bass. 

The 701 I've always thought were meh. I really tried to like them and I couldn't. The 650 on the other hand I'd love to own but I can't bring myself to pay $300 for another pair of headphones. 

For EDM I used to be big into my 990's. When I got my custom 2050 I almost exclusively used them for EDM and all genres. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,904 of 4,694
Brainwavz pads on the 2050 are a whole different level vs stock.

One time I put the Takstar pads on the Beyer DT 990 and the sound became noticeably crowded and the treble got elevated to the point of fatiguing. Perhaps it's because the pad material is so dense. I have long considered getting the Brainwavz pads but the shipping fee is so expensive that I have to ignore that option.
The 701 I've always thought were meh.

Really? I have not personally tried them out yet, but I see tons of people swear by it. A youtube reiewer said that the Takstar HI 2050 is basically a baby AKG Q701. The look of it is sexy though, among the best headphone designs in my opinion.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,906 of 4,694
One time I put the Takstar pads on the Beyer DT 990 and the sound became noticeably crowded and the treble got elevated to the point of fatiguing. Perhaps it's because the pad material is so dense. I have long considered getting the Brainwavz pads but the shipping fee is so expensive that I have to ignore that option.
Really? I have not personally tried them out yet, but I see tons of people swear by it. A youtube reiewer said that the Takstar HI 2050 is basically a baby AKG Q701. The look of it is sexy though, among the best headphone designs in my opinion.

The HM5 velour material is even more dense and isolating than stock 2050's.
That youtuber then changed his mind after the cans got burned in...

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #2,907 of 4,694

HEY don´t say stuff like that, it should be a humanright to own at least 10 set of phones......
There is nothing wrong with having 50 sets either. 

tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2,909 of 4,694
@Tamirci
BTW, I must recommend Takstar HI2050 for sphere shape head guys. THE most comfortable headphone I had experienced after Beyerdynamic T90 (T90's price / 8 is HI2050)
And soundwise, it's not agressive upper treble'd like t90

Did you break in the Takstar's before comparing?
When I got the 2050's, the upper treble was unpleasant. After about a month, it smoothened out.
Now wondering if the Beyer sound won't be for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back