The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Jan 9, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #511 of 571
Hello Everyone, I'm in Geneva and have been dabbing into EQing my headphones lately and been enjoying it so much. I've always been interested in the HD800S but didn't care for them because of their lack of bass. Now with EQ, I'm very curious about listening to them again on my setup. Does anyone know where I could audition or borrow a pair to try them out with EQ to see whether I'd still like them? Perhaps anyone here willing to send a pair over for a few days?
Thanks!

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #512 of 571
Hello Everyone, I'm in Geneva and have been dabbing into EQing my headphones lately and been enjoying it so much. I've always been interested in the HD800S but didn't care for them because of their lack of bass. Now with EQ, I'm very curious about listening to them again on my setup. Does anyone know where I could audition or borrow a pair to try them out with EQ to see whether I'd still like them? Perhaps anyone here willing to send a pair over for a few days?
Thanks!
I’d say your best bet is K55.ch

Jan 10, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #513 of 571
I’d say your best bet is K55.ch
Thanks, yeah that’s what I thought. I guess I’ll bring my laptop next time I go to Zürich.

Jan 11, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #518 of 571
Thanks!
I found this: https://digistore.ch/index.php?id_p...&controller=product&id_lang=1#/1-couleur-noir
I don't know the store, or if they are in stock only online, but it's a lot closer than Zurich so may be worth a quick call. (Google translating the French page is better than the English page if you are as linguistically challenged as I am).

Jan 11, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #519 of 571
===========
didn‘t k55 used to send the headphones to customer to try it? or was that only during the lockdown?
=======

AFAIK, forum user "TomKorn" from Audio Essence offers this service
https://audioessence.ch/pages/produkte-testen
Tom is very helpful !

Regards
Urs

Jan 11, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #520 of 571
Jan 15, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #521 of 571
I've just received my first order from @TomKorn at Audio Essence. Really great service :relaxed:.

I had a minor issue where Swiss Post said they couldn't deliver the package even though I was in all day. I had flash backs to when I lived in the UK and it was normal for the delivery guys to save time by putting the "Sorry you were out" notes through the door without even trying to knock on the door. But then I remembered reading somewhere that this might happen deliberately during the pandemic as a safety measure. Considering the post office is only 100m away and I only had to wait 1 minute to be served, it's not really an inconvenience (back in the UK it was more like 1km and an hour!). I actually deliberately let this happen sometimes, because it's easier to pick the package up on the way to work the next morning than to arrange for someone to be in to get the delivery (picking the package up on the way to work was also something that I couldn't do in the UK - no early opening of the post office there).

Anyway, that is all irrelevant to the main point of this post which is that I'm very happy with the friendly service I received from, and highly recommend, Audio Essence.

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #522 of 571
I've just received my first order from @TomKorn at Audio Essence. Really great service :relaxed:.

I had a minor issue where Swiss Post said they couldn't deliver the package even though I was in all day. I had flash backs to when I lived in the UK and it was normal for the delivery guys to save time by putting the "Sorry you were out" notes through the door without even trying to knock on the door. But then I remembered reading somewhere that this might happen deliberately during the pandemic as a safety measure. Considering the post office is only 100m away and I only had to wait 1 minute to be served, it's not really an inconvenience (back in the UK it was more like 1km and an hour!). I actually deliberately let this happen sometimes, because it's easier to pick the package up on the way to work the next morning than to arrange for someone to be in to get the delivery (picking the package up on the way to work was also something that I couldn't do in the UK - no early opening of the post office there).

Anyway, that is all irrelevant to the main point of this post which is that I'm very happy with the friendly service I received from, and highly recommend, Audio Essence.

@TomKorn is the man!

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #524 of 571

if you have an account at post.ch you can arrange the package to go straight to the local post office for collection. i‘d rather get it myself as well after work…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back