The substitute for WMP!
Jul 30, 2004 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
PocketMusic Bundle from Pocket Mind is my choice(unless I come across another contender during the 15 day trial period). After spending several hours yesterday and this morning downloading and evaluating several contenders, I think this wins out in spite of it's $19.95 price tag. Feature rich and blows the socks of WMP...of course, just about all of them do!

Yeah, I know many here won't think a great deal of using a PPC as a portable source but for those who must travel light, they can carry everything from entertainment(movies/music/games) to internet capability to business data on one small device. That device makes a lot of sense. All I can say is that the mp3's ripped by EAC playing from my PPC/SD card through my Ety ER-4p's sound pretty darn good to my untrained ear.

Key features of PocketMusic Bundle:

WMA files support. PocketMusic is the first alternative Pocket PC player besides Windows Media player with WMA support

OGG files support. Plus unique equalizer for MP3, WMA, OGG formats included in this new version of the player.

Alarm feature - wake up with your favorite music!

HTTP streaming audio support for MP3 and Ogg internet radio broadcast. Title streaming also supported (ShoutCast, IceCast).

Audible audio books support

Winamp 2.x skins support (over 9500 skins are available in the Internet)

Bookmark feature. This feature is especially useful for those users, who use the player for listening to the audiobooks, recorded radio programs, lectures, DJ sets, and other long-time audio files

Extra Bass feature

Landscape Mode with large buttons and controls for using in car

PocketMusic Today item – control music playback directly from Today screen!

Various Sound Presets for Equalizer and possibility to create your Presets

Possibility to change ID3 tags of MP3 files (set track title, artist, album, etc.)

Advanced Playlist Organizer (great (!) for managing song library and playlists)

Powerful player control with hardware buttons (map any action to any hardware button)

Function of mapping +-10 sec rewind action to hardware buttons

Optional screen AUTO-TURN OFF feature to automatically turn off the screen while music is playing (timer from 5 sec to 3 min). Ability to automatically block hardware buttons when the screen is off

Ability to block hardware buttons from main menu or even assign one hardware button to lock other keys

Feature of scanning all folders (local content) or selected folder on device to find all supported media files and add them to playlist.

All I can say it that it suits my needs very well and gets a big thumbs up from me.

Jul 30, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 6
Um...
I am suprised to hear that you didn't find out about Foobar (currently at ver. 0.8.2) which is far superior to most any other audio programs out there as it surpasses the infamous kMixer to deliver clearer and better sound!

If you look around here, someone is bound to have a link to Foobar setup guide... if not, let me know, and I will hook you up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Best of all, it's free as well!!

Jul 30, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by proxops-pete
Um...
I am suprised to hear that you didn't find out about Foobar (currently at ver. 0.8.2) which is far superior to most any other audio programs out there as it surpasses the infamous kMixer to deliver clearer and better sound!

If you look around here, someone is bound to have a link to Foobar setup guide... if not, let me know, and I will hook you up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Best of all, it's free as well!!

Do tell! Help me out. Got a link? BTW, I didn't know Foobar would run on a Pocket PC?

Jul 30, 2004 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Actually current version is 0.8.3 but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is no foobar for pocketpc. KenW, maybe you should have put "pocket pc" in the topic or atleast first few sentences? I'm sure you confuzed more then just me and proxops-pete here that you were infact talking about pocket pc.. WMP is also on regular pc.

Jul 30, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ditto_n
Actually current version is 0.8.3 but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is no foobar for pocketpc. KenW, maybe you should have put "pocket pc" in the topic or atleast first few sentences? I'm sure you confuzed more then just me and proxops-pete here that you were infact talking about pocket pc.. WMP is also on regular pc.

Guess I should have put specifics in the subject but I think reading the first two paragraphs should have cleared things up:

Quote:

PocketMusic Bundle from Pocket Mind is my choice(unless I come across another contender during the 15 day trial period). After spending several hours yesterday and this morning downloading and evaluating several contenders, I think this wins out in spite of it's $19.95 price tag. Feature rich and blows the socks of WMP...of course, just about all of them do!

Yeah, I know many here won't think a great deal of using a PPC as a portable source but for those who must travel light, they can carry everything from entertainment(movies/music/games) to internet capability to business data on one small device. That device makes a lot of sense. All I can say is that the mp3's ripped by EAC playing from my PPC/SD card through my Ety ER-4p's sound pretty darn good to my untrained ear.

My apologies. Change made.

Jul 30, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 6
OH!!
I'm sorry... If you are looking for PocketPC, yeah, forget Foobar... Sorry about that...

Confused in Houston...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back