Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Collect SR-Ωs
2. Run world's supply down to nothing
3. ?????
4. Profit

I wish you luck!
tongue.gif

World's supply already seems to as close to nothing as it can possibly be. In the three years I have been a Head-Fi member I have seen two or three SR-Ω headphones switching owners.
I am prepared to bid on the next one who show up, if the seller ship internationally that is...

Jan 27, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #1,984 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is out of whack is this SR-5
auction at just under 300$ and they are sold as is. I want the stuff that high bidder is smoking...

Ouch! $300 for a pair of SR-5 with an SRD-6.
Around three times of what I would have paid for them. Insane!
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
don't remind me...

I will try not to remind you too often.

Jan 28, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #1,985 of 2,694
$300 for SR5/SRD6 is crack pipe time.
blink.gif

Anyway, you can't blame me for driving up the prices, not directly anyway. I spent months not buying at inflated prices. All I've done is help drive up Stax entheusiasm
lambda.gif

I have a new plan to bring prices back down...

Old Stax stuff really sux *****, especially SR-X and Gamma Pros! I wouldn't take those crappy phones if you were giving them away. And the normal version along with rubbish like the SR-5 are even worse. Stax? Bleh! You need Sennheisers or Grado.

[size=xx-small]Do you think it'll work?[/size]
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #1,987 of 2,694
I finally had a chance to try SR-007s in my system - in fact, a local audiophile lent me his SR-Omegas as well.

I found my girlfriend's Bose QC2's to be superior in most respects, though I must say the SR-Omegas do look cool.

While the Omega 1 and 2's might be slightly more resolved, the QC2 simply portrays the music with such an ease and natural sound. I found that using my early 90's Pioneer receiver in place of the X250.5 improved things for the Stax cans, but I can't see why anyone would want any thing but the QC2s - I'm gonna hawk my Grados and Staxen so I can afford a pair, along with a Lifestyle system to match!

If you can't afford QC2s or QC3s (which must be even better, but simply out of my price range), a pair of Triports will probably do well to tide you over. Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Old Stax stuff really sux *****, especially SR-X and Gamma Pros! I wouldn't take those crappy phones if you were giving them away. And the normal version along with rubbish like the SR-5 are even worse. Stax? Bleh! You need Sennheisers or Grado.

Jan 28, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #1,988 of 2,694
Carl, you have no idea how much joy it brings to my heart that the "Profit?!?" internet meme has made its way to Head-Fi. I salute you! Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Collect SR-Ωs
2. Run world's supply down to nothing
3. ?????
4. Profit

Jan 28, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #1,989 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by feckn_eejit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While the Omega 1 and 2's might be slightly more resolved, the QC2 simply portrays the music with such an ease and natural sound. I found that using my early 90's Pioneer receiver in place of the X250.5 improved things for the Stax cans, but I can't see why anyone would want any thing but the QC2s - I'm gonna hawk my Grados and Staxen so I can afford a pair, along with a Lifestyle system to match!

O.K. how long will it takes until this shows up on an auction on Ebay for the QC2s.
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #1,991 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn it! Now I really want a pair of QC2s
wink.gif
Better leave them to those golden-eared folk... I'm not worthy of them.

I fear none of us here are truly worthy, hence my reccomendation of Sennheiser, Grado or other lowly brands..
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #1,992 of 2,694
Hi

I am currently using the Cardas twinlink power cord with good results. Wondering what others are using (The Cardas Twinlink costs $130) and am wondering how a better power cord might work with the KGSS?

Thanks,

Jay

Jan 28, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #1,993 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

I am currently using the Cardas twinlink power cord with good results. Wondering what others are using (The Cardas Twinlink costs $130) and am wondering how a better power cord might work with the KGSS?

Thanks,

Jay

sell me your kgss

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #1,994 of 2,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch! $300 for a pair of SR-5 with an SRD-6.
Around three times of what I would have paid for them. Insane!
eek.gif

I will try not to remind you too often.

With an SRD-6, even. It reminds me of those people who pay $180 for a SR-40/SRD-4 combo and think its going to be money well spent. *Sigh*

Quote:

Anyway, you can't blame me for driving up the prices, not directly anyway.

Yes I can. Watch:

Damn you Smeggy! It's all your fault that the prices have gone up like this! Didn't you think for one second about how this would affect the rest of us?! Well did you!? No, that's right, you didn't! I hope you feel ashamed for yourself right now!

See? Easy.

Quote:

Carl, you have no idea how much joy it brings to my heart that the "Profit?!?" internet meme has made its way to Head-Fi. I salute you!

h5d5g7phlgirmm33ca2qpyciz5.jpg

Quote:

I fear none of us here are truly worthy, hence my reccomendation of Sennheiser, Grado or other lowly brands..
frown.gif

And the price of HE60s goes further upwards...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it can't get enough juice, why not just get a better power transformer fitted?

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #1,995 of 2,694
Quote:

I finally had a chance to try SR-007s in my system - in fact, a local audiophile lent me his SR-Omegas as well.

I found my girlfriend's Bose QC2's to be superior in most respects, though I must say the SR-Omegas do look cool.

Great! Then we don't have to go into a bidding war with you the next time a SR-Omega come up for sale...
icon10.gif

Lots of Bose QC2's for sale on eBay, so there should be no hard task to get a hold of a pair. Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back