The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #24,436 of 24,807
on the srm-xh its rather obvious, but also soldered in. you can solder another fuse on top
of it. there is probably a reason the fuse blew, or you are using a power brick that has
the power reversed in which case its not going to turn on. Or the power brick is dead.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #24,439 of 24,807

I just don't have much experience with DIY when it comes to circuits. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do all of the work myself without paying someone else $50 to do it.

Someone else wrote in a thread about how they repaired their SRM-252 multiple times by replacing the fuse after using the improper polarity power brick, and that's how I killed my Xh a long while ago. To be honest, I'm not even sure if replacing the fuse will work, and that's why I don't want to take it to a shop.

Essentially, I'd like to know what kind of fuse the Xh requires, where to get them, and how to replace them. Could someone please give me a hand in this?

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #24,442 of 24,807
Alright, great. I'll make an order for it now. Thanks, Kevin 
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #24,445 of 24,807
mine is green, and the fuse has already been shorted out.
I don't recommend shorting out the fuse.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #24,447 of 24,807
Quote:
I just don't have much experience with DIY when it comes to circuits. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do all of the work myself without paying someone else $50 to do it.

You're not alone. I'm pretty sure I could "fix" my SRM-T1 (really just wiring the volume pot back in) and maybe even my HE60's imbalance (by mucking around in the retermination area) if I invested some time in learning how to play with a soldering iron. Probably worth it in the long run.

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #24,448 of 24,807
Quote:

I don't understand exactly what you mean by "shorting out".

Think he is talking about soldering a wire or bar across the fuse, thus bypassing the fuse (or in your case the blown fuse).  Not a good idea.

Reminds me of the movie theater owner who put a hanger (or something not really sure) in the fuse block when an electrical storm went through because he didn't want to refund our money.  After the door to the electrical room blew off its hinges, he ended up refunding our money and paying the fees for the fire department and EMS services that had to respond to the alarm that went off due to the smoke.  Ahh...the memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back