Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #23,957 of 24,807
Jul 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #23,958 of 24,807
Quote:
I know what you mean!

Quote:
Must resist urge to argue about this.

Deep breaths, count to ten, and move on...
biggrin.gif
 removes stick from beehive and steps slowly back...

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #23,962 of 24,807
So tus-chan- they cant read my posts because I don't hit a  key?  The words are spaced as in a newspaper they are separate.But they still don't understand English?? If that was the case  they couldn't reply as they wouldn't know what I said. I have no intention of conforming to somebodies philosophy or set of rules by force. It just makes me combative.

Nobody can read what you write because you completely disregard any rules of readability or formatting. A newspaper or magazine does the exact opposite of this; in fact, they employ proofreaders, editors, photographers, artists, and designers for the sole purpose of making their product as readable and intuitive as possible.

You're the person complaining that nobody understood or listened to your suggestions, and it's because nobody can be bothered to slog through a huge, unformatted block of text in order to get to the information. It has nothing to do with how well educated the other party is, and there is nothing special about your English that would require a doctorate in literature to understand. If the purpose of your posts are to communicate with people, then it helps to make it as easy as possible to understand what you are trying to communicate.

As far as "conforming to someone else's philosophy", your position on this is like standing out in the middle of the road, getting hit by a car, and claiming that it was because the driver wasn't skilled enough to swerve around you. The driver is not the problem in this situation.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #23,964 of 24,807
Quote:
the lower end stax systems aren't worth the trouble IMHO. But its okay to check them out to see if the sound is to your liking or not. Go 007MK1 or MK2 at least. 

You are better off experimenting with orthos otherwise.

If by lower end stax systems you mean = Lambdas, Gamma, SR-5 worse than Orthos? I think you're completely wrong.
Orthos have their benefits and their consequent negatives. Stock orthos, Yamaha HP-1, HP-2, and multitude others all suck big time in stock form. It is only with modding they get anywhere.
The so-called "lower end stax systems" actually beat them even when they are modded.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #23,966 of 24,807
Quote:
If by lower end stax systems you mean = Lambdas, Gamma, SR-5 worse than Orthos? I think you're completely wrong.
Orthos have their benefits and their consequent negatives. Stock orthos, Yamaha HP-1, HP-2, and multitude others all suck big time in stock form. It is only with modding they get anywhere.
The so-called "lower end stax systems" actually beat them even when they are modded.

Like has been said I think it goes back to what you like, I also don't think any "gaining of knowledge" (i.e. trying out low and high end rigs) is a waste of time, You do not know if you like it unless you try it and decide for yourself. 

And Yeah, I like my "low end" Lambdas very much thank you...
smily_headphones1.gif
 but I also like my "higher end" dynamics and orthos. I will also be auditioning some "higher end" stats in the near future, cuz I gots to know...
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #23,967 of 24,807
Quote:
HiFiMan planar magnetics have a messy treble and the Audezes have a dark sound signature. Both are not present in the ST-207 I have.

I ain't paying for the messy treble in the Abyss either.

Hey Hey man, my HE-500 has nice silky treble.
biggrin.gif

But then again... is it Stax silky? I have no idea... Only buying the 2170 will help me answer that.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #23,969 of 24,807
HiFiMan planar magnetics have a messy treble and the Audezes have a dark sound signature. Both are not present in the ST-207 I have.

I ain't paying for the messy treble in the Abyss either.

Hey Hey man, my HE-500 has nice silky treble.
biggrin.gif

But then again... is it Stax silky? I have no idea... Only buying the 2170 will help me answer that.

Cymbal hits at around 9-10 kHz sounded pretty tizzy to me with the HE-500.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #23,970 of 24,807
Quote:
Cymbal hits at around 9-10 kHz sounded pretty tizzy to me with the HE-500.

Ah I C. I don't listen to a lot of cymbols... so I can neither confirm or deny this. But the HE-500 does peak around 10k, so you might be right as far as I know. How are you liking your 2170 so far? Any impression against previous cans you've owned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back