The Stax Thread III
Aug 14, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #22,786 of 25,472
Hi friend

I'm new to Stax , now I have L700MK2 Unbalanced sound may be caused by small dust entering the driver.

And now I'd like some advice to bring the sound back to balance.

Thank you so much
Hi Kento,

the first thing to do is to investigate if the problem is really in your Stax headphone, because most of the times, the energizer is the problem, mainly if it is a tubed energizer, which is your case, according to what I read in your signature (Woo GES). To do this, of course, you must have another Stax headphone. If the headphone is really the problem, there are several possible causes and different corresponding fixes.

Aug 14, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #22,787 of 25,472
Hi friend

I'm new to Stax , now I have L700MK2 Unbalanced sound may be caused by small dust entering the driver.

And now I'd like some advice to bring the sound back to balance.

Thank you so much
This is a known issue, I got my L500 replaced for this reason. You need to get in contact with the seller. If you bought it used... I don't know what your options are, I would get in touch with Stax USA or something.

Aug 14, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #22,788 of 25,472
@Kento6395 are these a new pair? Typically, if an estat is going to fail it will do so early on. Used ones are pretty reliable unless someone physically damaged them. Of the close to 15 estats I’ve owned, only 2 had driver issues and they were both purchased new.

Aug 14, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #22,789 of 25,472
Hi Kento,

the first thing to do is to investigate if the problem is really in your Stax headphone, because most of the times, the energizer is the problem, mainly if it is a tubed energizer, which is your case, according to what I read in your signature (Woo GES). To do this, of course, you must have another Stax headphone. If the headphone is really the problem, there are several possible causes and different corresponding fixes.
Thank,sir
I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the tube amp, luckily I have a 353XBK So I did a test adjusting the volume knob and it worked, I just turned the white a little more and the sound on both sides was equal to normal.

Aug 14, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #22,790 of 25,472
@Kento6395 are these a new pair? Typically, if an estat is going to fail it will do so early on. Used ones are pretty reliable unless someone physically damaged them. Of the close to 15 estats I’ve owned, only 2 had driver issues and they were both purchased new.
i bought second hand from Reddit, actually it works fine just i just noticed the sound slightly disparity, i searched the threads and found that it might be due to dust, and maybe it's because of the room. My bed is often dusty. I have now ordered a cover for my headphones. , and about the sound is not equal I tried adjusting the volume to the right a little louder than before, now the sound is the same as usual.

Thank you so much,sir

Aug 14, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #22,791 of 25,472
This is a known issue, I got my L500 replaced for this reason. You need to get in contact with the seller. If you bought it used... I don't know what your options are, I would get in touch with Stax USA or something.
I have fixed that problem now.

Thank you very much for the advice👍🙏

Aug 21, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #22,792 of 25,472
The STAX engineers working on such estats headphones over decades now are seemingly all kretins I would guess from your findings - right?? I’m sooo happy to have such a genius here now!! :wink:
Yeah. We all know the DIY-modding community has contributed Absolutely Nothing at all to the development of Head Fi. Everybody knows Alpha Dogs, ZMF Ori, Spritzer's port-mod of SR 007.2/A, and the SRD-mod of HD800 are to low in the hierarchical pyramid to hold value. Just like Tyll Herzen. he didn't get rich on what he did so he didn't contribute! I am glad we have such a jenijus as you, KDS315, to stop this intrusion into the godly dogma of headphonery. The user/member Thinker is clearly a blasphemer, as are all thinkers :wink:

Aug 21, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #22,793 of 25,472
Yeah. We all know the DIY-modding community has contributed Absolutely Nothing at all to the development of Head Fi. Everybody knows Alpha Dogs, ZMF Ori, Spritzer's port-mod of SR 007.2/A, and the SRD-mod of HD800 are to low in the hierarchical pyramid to hold value. Just like Tyll Herzen. he didn't get rich on what he did so he didn't contribute! I am glad we have such a jenijus as you, KDS315, to stop this intrusion into the godly dogma of headphonery. The user/member Thinker is clearly a blasphemer, as are all thinkers :wink:
Latest mod version here with new damping materials. If you find a better sounding Stax phone let me know

IMG_1326.jpeg

Aug 21, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #22,795 of 25,472
Latest mod version here with new damping materials. If you find a better sounding Stax phone let me know
So the mod just requires superglue on that part of the headband. JK
Kind to share what you did and some measure charts of the result thanks.
IMG_1326.jpeg

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #22,798 of 25,472
Wow! Love that new Eksonic logo. You should be excited :)
Yeah I asked Kerry if he might be interested in doing something similar to the Aeras but with the T2, in place of the "T2" above the volume control. I think it looks great :)

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #22,799 of 25,472
Is there any chance there will be a T2 at CanJam SoCal?

Aug 23, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #22,800 of 25,472
Shouldn't be too long now....excited! :)

unnamed 2.jpeg

This looks awesome. Subtle, but very clean looking. And the wait is totally worth it, you're almost there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back