Nov 20, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #19,322 of 25,429
This just happened.
rgf8hzf.jpg

I'm officially broke
oh my goodness !
lucky you!
any review coming soon?

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #19,323 of 25,429
Firstly I would like to thank Spritzer if he reading this. If anyone has doubts in dealing with him, don't as he is very friendly and helpful.

I think my ears are still adjusting to them.
But boy oh boy, they sound incredible.
They are liquid smooth from top to bottom. They have a very satisfying highs that doesn't sound intrusive at all, the Omega sounds more airy. Sound stage isn't as large as the Omega but somewhere the long the lines of a decent size living room. The lows, although not as deep down like the Omega, there more of it. One can definitely pickup the warmer, fuller presences. I listen to the mountain track from interstellar sound track. The rumble and slam was so controlled and articulate, unlike the 007. The slight forward mids sound magical, definitely HE90 strongest traits. The way the HE90 sound is tuned, it's like a genre master.
Almost everything I throw at it sound very decent, I listen to EDM, RnB, pop, classical, live etc for 5 hour straight not fatiguing at all. Also they are very forgiving with poorer recording.

To me the Omegas does sound more neutral and technically more accurate. But the way HE90 sound, I already know I will be reaching for them more often. It just super easy and enjoyable headphone to listen to. This headphone does truly the deserves the title 'GOAT' greatest of all times.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #19,325 of 25,429
Firstly I would like to thank Spritzer if he reading this. If anyone has doubts in dealing with him, don't as he is very friendly and helpful.
My experience also. (And mine was a small peanuts transaction.)

To me the Omegas does sound more neutral and technically more accurate. But the way HE90 sound, I already know I will be reaching for them more often. It just super easy and enjoyable headphone to listen to. This headphone does truly the deserves the title 'GOAT' greatest of all times.

A win-win-win.

You get to enjoy the some GOAT-class gear, and apparently have the experience to fully appreciate it.

We get to ride along vicariously, a least a bit.

And his eminence the Icelander gets to re-invest in some other new projects. Which will also likely benefit the larger e-stats community.

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #19,326 of 25,429
gorgeous look! wonder if you can replace the leather? as i recall that pair was flaking

He gave me brand new earpads and headband. I'll post photo later, I've already replaced them both.
The rest is in tip top condition. no scratches or dents at all.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #19,327 of 25,429
Im curious.
Vesper vs. 507 Pads

20201121_135811.jpg

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #19,330 of 25,429
The case needs a bit of TLC, there a few small dents.
Nothing some fillers, coloring and clear satin coat can't fix.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #19,331 of 25,429
Flaking no more
JmOhLz3.jpg
Can contact me in the future when you are finished with it, I will be interested in buying a pair of those someday!

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #19,332 of 25,429
Ladies, I present the:

"give me 2 zip ties, and your 507 will punch the bass in your face Mod"

I don't know if it's because of my strange skull shape, but recently I noticed that when I push these places about 3-5mm towards my head, the bass is amplified enormously.

My Lambda then knocks out the bass with something intense, and punch, that I can no longer recognize the Electrostats as such.
An effect I was hoping for from the Vesper Pads.

20201122_190412.jpg

At this point, I would like to ask other Lambda owners, to do the same, and to check whether this effect also exists for them.

Anyway.
Here is my solution for the ultimate 507 Lambda Bass.
Take 2 cable ties and fix them as follows:

20201122_190717.jpg

The further you close the cable tie, the more intense the bass becomes.

Nerdy Lord...
Daft punk with an electrostatic killer-bass ...😍

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #19,334 of 25,429
Ladies, I present the:

"give me 2 zip ties, and your 507 will punch the bass in your face Mod"

I don't know if it's because of my strange skull shape, but recently I noticed that when I push these places about 3-5mm towards my head, the bass is amplified enormously.

My Lambda then knocks out the bass with something intense, and punch, that I can no longer recognize the Electrostats as such.
An effect I was hoping for from the Vesper Pads.

20201122_190412.jpg

At this point, I would like to ask other Lambda owners, to do the same, and to check whether this effect also exists for them.

Anyway.
Here is my solution for the ultimate 507 Lambda Bass.
Take 2 cable ties and fix them as follows:

20201122_190717.jpg

The further you close the cable tie, the more intense the bass becomes.

Nerdy Lord...
Daft punk with an electrostatic killer-bass ...😍
don’t you risk damaging the membranes doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back