The Stax Thread III
Sep 12, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #12,916 of 25,472
I was in Tokyo this Easter and demo'ed Stax at Yodobashi in Akihabara. At the time and to my memory they had the SR009, SR007 as well as the LX00 models. Amp wise they had the SRM727, SRM007 and 353X.

I walked away with a 009 and a 727...

Edit:
Oh, also the E-earphones in Akihabara is worth a visit.
Thanks a lot for the info !

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #12,919 of 25,472
Can i connect an external drive through USB ?
Is the Yodobashi Camera store ?

To my memory they were regular cd players lacking the possibility to connect a usb drive. Maybe if you ask them to change as they had a lot of other stuff there.

Yes it is the Yodobashi Camera store. It's a huge electronics retail chain with locations all over Tokyo but I think the Akihabara store has the largest collection of headphones. Tokyo residents might correct me as I only spent a week in Japan..

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #12,920 of 25,472
To my memory they were regular cd players lacking the possibility to connect a usb drive. Maybe if you ask them to change as they had a lot of other stuff there.

Yes it is the Yodobashi Camera store. It's a huge electronics retail chain with locations all over Tokyo but I think the Akihabara store has the largest collection of headphones. Tokyo residents might correct me as I only spent a week in Japan..
Perfect , thank you so much

Sep 12, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #12,921 of 25,472
Won't do the 727 any favor. Better investment would be a Carbon.

i'm looking for a new amp, too. a carbon it a bit rich for me -- what are thoughts on spritzer's mini kgsshv for the L700s?

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #12,923 of 25,472
Hi all , i will be in Tokyo next week and want to try some Stax HPs , Could someone tell me in wich audio store i can audition them ?
Thanks

I used to go Dynamic Audio 5555 in Akihabara.
but I recommend to not trust their setup: Their gear tends to sound very harsh since they located very crowded electric shopping town. so many heat pumps and inverters are running near theirs.
my home Stax setup sounds completely different from their stax setups.

http://www.dynamicaudio.jp (1st floor has headphone setups.)

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #12,924 of 25,472
i'm looking for a new amp, too. a carbon it a bit rich for me -- what are thoughts on spritzer's mini kgsshv for the L700s?

Get a KGSSHV from someone else.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #12,925 of 25,472
Get a KGSSHV from someone else.
Build it, using salvaged transformers and a plastic bucket for main chassis with some salvaged metal parts from the junk yard for "heatsink" and you got a super savaged-cheap-affordable Carbon :D...just kidding. Eventually you will find used affordable Kg amps as everyone will eventually upgrade :wink:

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #12,926 of 25,472
Even if Birgir gimped his builds further, the costs would be far too high.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #12,928 of 25,472
Build it, using salvaged transformers and a plastic bucket for main chassis with some salvaged metal parts from the junk yard for "heatsink" and you got a super savaged-cheap-affordable Carbon :D...just kidding. Eventually you will find used affordable Kg amps as everyone will eventually upgrade :wink:

do you have a bill of materials for your build? particularly interested in sourcing of the chassis. i could build by own, but don't have the machining capabilities. without a pre-made chassis, i'm back to buying.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #12,930 of 25,472
I've gone their recently and haven't noticed any harshness other their equipment. I've been as recently as July and thought they were really helpful. They have a T8000 if you haven't heard one.

I usually go there for all my demoing curiosities and as a result of my most recent visit I bought a SR-L700 and SRM-007ta so I am now part of the Stax Mafia, lol! Anyways, Tommy at Dynamic Audio is really helpful if you do decide to go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back