The Stax Thread III
Feb 14, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #11,132 of 25,433
Being the STAX distributor would an audiophile dream! You could pay folks in gear! (Yes, I know this is not how business really works...)

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #11,133 of 25,433
Quick question for those that have imported 007 mkII from Japan, am I better off getting from Price Japan or from one of the resellers on Amazon? or doesn't really matter? 
Shipping to Australia if it makes any difference

Thanks

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #11,137 of 25,433
I was looking for the MkII as that's the one I have heard, haven't had the chance of listening to mk1 but from what I've read and what I heard when I listened to them the mk2 seems to be what I was after

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #11,141 of 25,433
  I prefer the current Mk 2 version of the SR007 to the Mk 1 after owning both for years. Spritzer recommended the Mk2 version to me, and I feel he was right.

For the balance: I prefer the Mk1 over the current Mk2 (I have made a detailed comparison here a while back); in short, for more fullness in mids, slightly better fluidity and more openness (plus slightly better bass extension at the price of less bass boost around 80-120 Hz). That said, I can totally understand the love for the Mk2, especially for jazz and small chamber (in my case). However, a friend said the Mk1 sounds more like "the other Stax" (meaning the Lambdas and the 009, i.e. more "hi-fi" if someone can say so - with reserves wrt the 009), but in his opinion the current Mk2 is the special one. Each with their own.

That said, I could "voice" my Mk1 (by ear pad mods) to sound very, very close to the SR-Omega (except the Omega was still brighter), something I could not achieve with the Mk2, as I bumped into limitations, meaning it just sounded a better self with the mods, rather than improving to a new level. So the (modded) Mk2 went and I kept the (modded) Mk1.

But in unmodded form, I'd also recommend the Mk2 - it's probably going to satisfy more people out of the box (with a matching good amp).

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #11,142 of 25,433
Are people getting their orders from Pricejapan now???? My PAID order from June 2016 is still missing. Not a single reply to my emails. I have since then ordered the items from a authorized Stax dealer, which means I ended up paying for L700/353x TWICE!!! Is it just me they are ignoring??

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #11,143 of 25,433
Are people getting their orders from Pricejapan now???? My PAID order from June 2016 is still missing. Not a single reply to my emails. I have since then ordered the items from a authorized Stax dealer, which means I ended up paying for L700/353x TWICE!!! Is it just me they are ignoring??

That would be an absolutely interesting question for me too...

Not knowing anything about the problems of last year (only reading about the positive experiences from the past), I've ordered a SR-009 from PriceJapan on 4th January this year and payed via bank transfer (yes I know, silly me
wink.gif
). Never got any reply from them after my payment... The advisor of their German Kebhana bank told me their account is still active (money is transfered regularely).

I really don't know whether I should still wait or start a lawsuit against PriceJapan.

In the meantime I've ordered (and received) a SR-007 MK2 from SmartImports. Their service was great and I love my SR-007 (powered from my DIY KGSSHV Carbon / Chord DAVE). But nevertheless I miss 'my' SR-009...

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #11,144 of 25,433

i had the same issue , I've received my order after 36 Days !

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #11,145 of 25,433

Users who are viewing this thread

Back