The Stax Thread III
Nov 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #13,413 of 25,472
Graphite and nylon to be exact.

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #13,414 of 25,472
Nov 17, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #13,415 of 25,472
i know the best stat amps out there and owned many of them i have tried these with 252,353 and Transdyn (lot of power) not much difference here i think because these are easy to drive.I like to say these phones take the command over amps somehow.These phones have a strange spiritual signature wich makes everything relative.I have been sitting silent in my chair hours just listening.

From my experience I would question whether anything even half-decent would not respond to better amplification.

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #13,416 of 25,472
I really have no clues, but from what I was told, I decided not to purchase the headphones. I stay with Stax, and I just came to read Spritzer impression on the Headphones, and wow....luckily I did not touch it. Anyways, back to the blissful 009 and T2 :D, and eagerly waiting next Stax successor

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #13,417 of 25,472
I think the creator mentioned that the membrane is graphenes. It repel dusts and humidity, and he specifically told me that it does not have dust shield

Graphite and nylon to be exact.

I'm skeptical. As far as I know there is nothing about graphite, graphene or nylon that repels dust, and considering that dust particles may have a random ionic charge, and the membrane is charged to around 580 volts positive, nearby dust may be attracted simply by electrostatic forces. This isn't rocket science - the original Quad electrostatic had dust covers on its panels, and all the recent Stax headphones do as well.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #13,418 of 25,472
The issues with humidity that spritzer described would be the most frustrating thing about them to me.

The do have a nice look though.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #13,421 of 25,472
The dude (phd40: MOT Phenomenon), specifically stated not graphene, graphite-based and nylon.

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #13,424 of 25,472
The V3.0 driver doesn't have dust issues, this problem is solved.Spritzers unit is different from these i have heard both verssions and these are far far better.

On the other website the guy who got the Libratum has the older version of the diaphragm, the Canorum version 2 has newest diaphragm and is not as critical about charging and also other issues have been solved.I get the report as soon i make comparisons with other Staxes.The Libratum version 1 i had 2 days on loan in my home and it was very promising.The owner of the Libratum version 1 has made recently some adjustments and i was educated that it is now excellent.I'm going to hear it soon again and compare it to the new Canorum.All Libratum phones from now on come with the new diaphgram.What i have compared so far SR-009 /007 will have hard times ahead.Not sure i'm allowed to show the Libratum version 1 frequency response but anyway here it is ,the newer frequency response curve should be even better.

we are testing and comparing end of August Phenomenon Libratum/Canorum and 007mk1 ,maybe i report something ,phones will
tested with Quad Transdyn amplifier

care to disclose your involvement in this thing? Back in august you stated "we are testing" ... I guess you are not just a happy customer, but rather part of the trade and wants to become a happy trader? ...or did the "education" your received extend further?

Nov 18, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #13,425 of 25,472
care to disclose your involvement in this thing? Back in august you stated "we are testing" ... I guess you are not just a happy customer, but rather part of the trade and wants to become a happy trader? ...or did the "education" your received extend further?

I have nothing to do with this company,only customer.The Canorum the oval shape model i send back to Russia and it gets new drivers installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back