The Stax Thread III
Oct 26, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #13,217 of 25,472
I don't own the BHSE, KGSSHv, nor Schiit. I can however throw a whole bunch of KGSSHv parts at you and hopefully you can make something outta it :wink:

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #13,218 of 25,472
ER-Jiji you might want to try talking to Justin from HeadAmp I have seen reports of new BHSE turning up at dealers from time to time in all areas of globe. He might have a place for you to source one locally. If not IDK what shipping would run you.

Birgir/Spritzer(mjolnir-audio) has very reasonable shipping rates to the USA. I am sure Japan would be more, but his shipping cost was about 1/3 what I thought it would be..

Edit::

There is also a builder in China that sells through yoyocart. I am not sure he is on this forum but he is active on he other one. I have no idea about the quality of his builds though.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #13,219 of 25,472
Hello guys, sorry for bothering.

Is there any Stax owner live in Japan here? I like to know what amp you using and where to get it.
Since I don't think I can buy BHSE, KGSShv, Schiit here in Japan.

Thanks in advance =3=b
I live in Tokyo and purchased 009s and 007tA earlier this year through a third party dealer on amazon and had no problems. My advice would be to buy a KG amp direct from Mjolnir Audio. On placing my order with Spritzer I had the amp within a week and the transaction was faultless. As others have stated if you have Stax 007s or 9s go straight for a KG design.

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #13,220 of 25,472
@AnakChan , Thanks, but unfortunately I can't build it my self XD
Last time I build electronic part is 20 years ago for school test and I failed miserabely, thankfully I still passed the class.

@SeaWo|f , Thanks, I will try to contact him.
The thing I'm worried from buying from oversea is the import tax, I don't know here in Jaoan but tax in my country kind an overkill.

@aldavey , do you buy KGSSHV from oversea? Did the tax expensive?

Thanks Guys XD

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #13,221 of 25,472
@AnakChan , Thanks, but unfortunately I can't build it my self XD
Last time I build electronic part is 20 years ago for school test and I failed miserabely, thankfully I still passed the class.

@SeaWo|f , Thanks, I will try to contact him.
The thing I'm worried from buying from oversea is the import tax, I don't know here in Jaoan but tax in my country kind an overkill.

@aldavey , do you buy KGSSHV from oversea? Did the tax expensive?

Thanks Guys XD

Yes I bought as previously mentioned from Birgir/Spritzer who is based in Iceland. Check out his site, Mojolnir audio. As I recall the shipping on my Carbon was about Yen 14,000 and I paid about Yen10,000 on import.

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #13,224 of 25,472
@aldavey , that waay more cheaper than I expected. There is really something wrong with my country tax orz
Oh, well that mean my choice not longer limited to local market.
Thanks for the information =w=b

@Pokemonn
Understood, thanks =w=b

I'm pretty sure when I checked Japanese import tariffs online, electrical goos were zero percent, but please check as it was back in April and my memory could be playing tricks. The goods were delivered by DHL and I still do not understand what the charges I paid were for.

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #13,225 of 25,472
Oct 27, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #13,226 of 25,472
In Japan, they currently charge you 5% sales tax on the cost of goods + shipping. No import tax.

I spend few months of the year in Japan and places I look frequently are Yahoo auction and there are also a number of free-market sites that are becoming popular where a nice find can turn up. But then, thanks to JimL, I spend more time on the other site and Japanese builder blogs trying to build my own :)

Oct 27, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #13,228 of 25,472
In Japan, they currently charge you 5% sales tax on the cost of goods + shipping. No import tax.

I spend few months of the year in Japan and places I look frequently are Yahoo auction and there are also a number of free-market sites that are becoming popular where a nice find can turn up. But then, thanks to JimL, I spend more time on the other site and Japanese builder blogs trying to build my own :)

Well that would make sense for the import charges I paid. DHL also added a small fee, but can't remember exactly what, but it was minimal. I just remember, given the value of the Carbon, being amazed at the low import costs into Tokyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back