The Stax Thread III
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #11,987 of 25,433
I am sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it, so I have to ask:
I am a KGSS owner (with an SR-007). Now I have a good offer for the KGSSHV (NOT Carbon). My question goes out to those who know them both. Is there a major difference in sound quality? How are the two different?

Thanks!
The KGSShv has more of everything good IMO. There are subtle differences in the sound of the KGSShv's (various types) though, depending on which Fetts are used, the voltage, and if it is off-board or not. And some have different PS as well. I had 2 KGSShv's both being the Sanyo version and 450V. It was a great amp, warmish and superb bass, smooth treble, a good match with the 009s I thought. Kinda wished I could have kept it but had to fund the Carbon.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #11,990 of 25,433
Am I missing something, or can't we upload photos anymore??????????

May 2, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #11,992 of 25,433
I could. only in desktop mode...
Sorted it. You need to go into prefs in your account, and de-select rich editor for posting. Then back in posts, and then 'upload file' tab appears. Wacked! I can upload photos again (mega important) but can't now add bold or formatting (also quite important). Jeeze....

Also my Gallery is GONE. That is bad as I look at other members galleries /photos for system info. Seems like we have nice looking averts, a new header to the page, but everything else is a step backwards. I hope the software can be tweaked?

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #11,994 of 25,433
Seems like we have nice looking averts, a new header to the page, but everything else is a step backwards.[/QUOTE]I very much preferred the "fixed" header which was much easier to access with your cursor rather than having to scroll back to the top of the page to navigate back to the rest of your "unread" threads.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #11,995 of 25,433
that's why I book marked the unread threads page. no more scroll up and down....
I also bookmarked the subscribed threads page.

May 2, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #11,996 of 25,433
that's why I book marked the unread threads page. no more scroll up and down....
I also bookmarked the subscribed threads page.
I do the same thing, but after reading an unread thread, you still have to go back to your bookmarks to get to the next uread thread, whereas the old platform you just placed your cursor right on the fixed header and went to the next unread thread.

May 4, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #11,997 of 25,433
The fix is in. Really freakin' excited!
unnamed (6).jpg

May 4, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #11,999 of 25,433
I had a bit of a listen to the SR-009 and T8000 rig in Tokyo. For good measure, when things were quieter, I borrowed a Hugo 2 so that I could use my own music, as the Stax table only had a CD player and Luxman DA-06. Thankfully they had 3.5mm cables connected to the second input of all the amps. I don't think I have anything to add to existing impressions, but it was great to hear 009s reach down into the deep bass while retaining their magic through the rest of the spectrum.

About images: You have to click on "Upload a file" after which, once uploaded there will be an option to insert it into the post.

May 4, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #12,000 of 25,433
I had a bit of a listen to the SR-009 and T8000 rig in Tokyo. For good measure, when things were quieter, I borrowed a Hugo 2 so that I could use my own music, as the Stax table only had a CD player and Luxman DA-06. Thankfully they had 3.5mm cables connected to the second input of all the amps. I don't think I have anything to add to existing impressions, but it was great to hear 009s reach down into the deep bass while retaining their magic through the rest of the spectrum.

About images: You have to click on "Upload a file" after which, once uploaded there will be an option to insert it into the post.
You can also drag and drop an image into the quote/reply box, then click on either "Thumbnail" Full Image" or "Delete"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back