1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Stax Thread III

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by currawong, Aug 20, 2013.
Tags:
  1. VRacer-111
    Yes, we know they are 009s, but are they 009S?

:wink:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. AnakChan Moderator
    The silver is 009S, take a look at the mesh, it’s 3D raised, not flat.

3. biscottino
    Yes, no twins :ksc75smile:

4. biscottino
    exactly, one of the two details that distinguish it, in addition to the soun element in gold that perhaps in the picture you can not see well.

5. biscottino
    9F51D174-DC7C-4A9F-87F9-5FFF499A9CC3.jpeg 49E9B5CC-C4F4-474B-B429-198247FAF984.jpeg Use them with this amp

forestitalia and Jones Bob like this.
  6. thinker
    Got the latest update from Phenomenon, the Canorum version V5 with new driver,the efficiency has improved a lot,it's now close to Lambda level,sounds already great with 252s.The drivers are now protected against moisture and dust with some kind of material canorum2.jpg canorum3.jpg

Zoide, nazrin313 and protoss like this.
  7. Mach3
    What number is your's SR-009BK?

I was at Akihabara and had an extended listening of the SR-009 & SR-009S on the T8000 and the 007T MK2
    Prefer the SR-009 on both amp for the soundstage and the more airy details.
    However, when I received my SR-009BK it sound different from the SR-009.
    Can someone with both the SR-009 and the SR-009BK confirm this? Farfetch I know.

HoloSpice likes this.
  8. ericj
    Can someone suggest a way to acquire a replacement cable for an SR-001 Mk2? Maybe a specific deputee service in japan?

I nicked mine somehow and it has developed a channel imbalance. That was a couple years ago, and at the time, Yamas said they could source it for me but i also saw where a lot of people were having trouble getting Yamas to deliver products. Between that and being in tight financial times, i didn't pursue it further.

Stax USA only told me they don't have it.

9. HoloSpice
    Different as in?

10. phaeton70
    that's really heavy artillery Sal !!! congrats :beerchug::beerchug: and let me know when you will sell that MHz :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

11. biscottino
    Hi MIke, thanks, but
    you with your KGSS GG can definitely shoot farther than me

12. cucera
    Jones Bob likes this.
  13. Rayzilla
    Still hoping to hear some of your experiences of the above. I was ready to buy the D10 at the local HP shop but I wanted to demo it first. Unfortunately they didn't have a demo one so I haven't bought it yet.

14. jbrownson
    I listened to that combo for about a year and loved it. I to began wondering what the bottleneck was. I upgraded to a BHSE and was really impressed. I later picked up a 009S and found the upgrade to BHSE from 353X to be way more significant than the L700 to the 009S. L700 scales up _very_ nicely from a 353X. I can't speak specifically for the Woo GES unfortunately.

The 009Ss are great, but when the gf wants to listen too I'm very happy using the L700s and letting her use the 009Ss (she claims they fit her better :wink: ).

15. VRacer-111
    Don't have L700, but have next closest thing in an L700 modded L300 Limited. Started off with SRM-323S then went to Mjolnir SRD-7 transformer + NAD C275BEE stereo amp based setup because already had the amp in use for my HT mains. Noticeable improvement in low end subbass impact, midbass punch, fullness of sound, and smoothness while everything else pretty much stays the same for clarity, detail, speed, etc... Brand new the NAD C275BEE amp runs ~$1,300 and Mjolnir SRD-7 around $740 shipped. Will just need some way to control volume better than the rear gain adjustment - I use the RME ADI-2 DAC for preamp volume control.

Pics:
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Audio/n-6fh3fz/i-kPqJXCR/0/7342bfef/X4/i-kPqJXCR-X4.jpg
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Audio/n-6fh3fz/i-rpBHwSn/0/83849f46/X4/i-rpBHwSn-X4.jpg
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Audio/n-6fh3fz/i-T9FXhnN/0/43de842a/X4/i-T9FXhnN-X4.jpg

I think any decent 2 Channel stereo amp used with a Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 will be a noticeable improvement over the SRM-323S/353X for much less than the specialized custom STAX amps.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    dogears likes this.