1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Stax Thread III

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by currawong, Aug 20, 2013.
Tags:
  1. staticdynamo
    buzzlulu
    Thanks for good idea. I already tried analogue input and it was also good. I will try SRM-D10's analogue
    input through my Mojo or HUGO2 using SP1000.

Rayzilla and Whitigir like this.
  2. Rhamnetin
    Me waiting for SR-009S impressions to be posted:

[​IMG]

Olschl likes this.
  3. BenF
    Why would level of SP1000's output matter if you used USB?

4. Whitigir
    Because it is a fun specification to list on paper ? :D

I am joking, but I think he meant that he tried analog input from Sp1000, and with 2Vrms, it gets very loud with the D10 ? I could be wrong

5. staticdynamo

6. purk Contributor
    I may need to get the D10 before the 009S. I always want to take my SR009 to work!

Whitigir likes this.
  7. staticdynamo
    Another good news about SRM-D10. It was recognized by Windows 10 Pro (64bit) as audio device without driver.
    Only connecting USB cable and power-on.

8. purk Contributor
    If the D10 is any where close to the 323S then we may have the winner. I doubt that though

9. BenF
    Can D10 be powered by USB, or does it need AC adapter?

10. staticdynamo
    D10 needs AC adapter, which is included in D10 box. USB cable is for signal, not for charge.

11. purk Contributor
    How's the battery life on the D-10. Can u charge and listen simultaneously?

12. staticdynamo
    Yes, I can charge D-10 and listen to the music at the same time. The battery life of D-10 is said to be 3.5 hours (with DAC operate) and 4.5 hours (line input)
     and about real battery life, I'm testing now.

13. JimL11
    I'm guessing that it won't have anywhere near the drive current capability of the 323S, because otherwise it would likely burn your hand or anything else it touched.

purk likes this.
  14. padam
    Even the upcoming SRM-D50 desktop amp/DAC is probably more like a 252S, so this should be lower than that.

purk likes this.
  15. buzzlulu
    I have seen pictures and speculation about the SRM-D50 over the past two years. Is this scheduled to be released or is it still vaporware?