The Spectacular Final Audio D8000 Pro - Review
Aug 6, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #16 of 124
Nice one! Did you post this in the Head Gear section too?

Out of which amp were most of these impressions? In my system I rate the D8k Pro a bit higher than the Susvara, but I probably don't have the most ideal amp for them.
Hi Currawong,
Did you use ALO SS with D8000 Pro?
How does it sound vs Utopia?
Is it easy to drive the D8000 Pro?
I was thinking about the 2nd pair somewhere next summer or something.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #18 of 124
I have these and DX220MAX. I love listening to my very varied collection on shuffle with this, because everything sounds tremendous. Although when a track with heavy sub bass comes on, it is something pretty special. These phones don't throw bass in your face when it isn't there, but when it is you get all of it.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #19 of 124
I freaking love my d8000 pro cayin 300b burl b2 bomber dac synergy, I'm moving on to testing tubes, the dynamics, bass treble and Mids are so musical everything just works together, imaging stands with the best of them, staging good enough and isn't artifical, with the correct equipment the mids are magical and musical I don't have to reach for any headphone "considered the best with vocals" d8kpro does it with the best of them, treble is never painful, sharp unless the recording calls for it but it never reaches that treble sensitive peak. The consensus has been trending, the d8k's are the best headphone across the Genre spectrum. i'm glad i choose these over double priced headphones that would force me to buy both to enjoy all the music I listen to. I can now focus on niche headphones something cheap and special :p. I wish I kept my Audio technical ath-awtk they were unique but my unit had problems and I didn't like the depth of the pads.
I had exactly the same setup lol. Indeed, the richness from Cayin 300B and B2 combo is a great compliment to the d8kp. B2+dante is so underrated in the community, a true hidden gem.

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 124
I had exactly the same setup lol. Indeed, the richness from Cayin 300B and B2 combo is a great compliment to the d8kp. B2+dante is so underrated in the community, a true hidden gem.
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use dante without buying a 1100 dollar pcie card xD

Aug 6, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #23 of 124
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to use dante without buying a 1100 dollar pcie card xD
Wait, the card was $250 when I bought it...

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Aug 7, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #25 of 124
Transparency and resolution tend not to be the most enjoyable when it comes to listening to music.
I agree 100%. I got so tired of listening to sound, soundstage, depth, height, resolution, transparency, bass, treble, midrange et al, and went back to listening to music. I've never been happier.

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #27 of 124
I agree 100%. I got so tired of listening to sound, soundstage, depth, height, resolution, transparency, bass, treble, midrange et al, and went back to listening to music. I've never been happier.
You get all of that in the d800pro especially with the right synergy that's what I love about my setup I can enjoy the music and still get the dynamics and Soundstage imaging resolution details etc.

Aug 8, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #28 of 124
Nice review...those cups are gorgeous. Thanks for the nice photos too.
How do you think these will seal behind and below the ear for those with smaller heads?

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #29 of 124
These retail for $4200. How many headphones are out there that cost $8400???
I just verified the price at a few spots. $4200 US dollars? That's $5,753.59 CDN. That's 4 HD800's. Ouch.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #30 of 124
I just verified the price at a few spots. $4200 US dollars? That's $5,753.59 CDN. That's 4 HD800's. Ouch.

I got it for far less dealer discount
Do the math and you'll figure out the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back