The soundstage Threat
Jun 20, 2012 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Angelopsaro

500+ Head-Fier
Hello!

I opened this threat to get some knowledge from people who tested a lot of earphones. Recently i went to a store to compare the Dr.Dre and show my friend how much overrated they are. I came across with a pair of Denon d2000 and the Denon d1100. The d1100 were decent and similar to my CAL! but when i heard the d2000 i was really excited. Besides all the other values like the nice micro detailed highs i was impressed by the soundstage. Now i know i am a soundstage lover and i always preffered speakers over iems.
I was at the same time dissapointed though because my gr07 doesnt have such soundstage even though they are suppose to have a good one compared to other iems.

So i would like to ask you if you know any headphones that have such soundstage. How about ultrasones, M50, HD25 and Beyer 1350?
But even more i would like to ask if you know an iem that could have such Soundstage. How about the Sennheiser I80?

PS. a portable dac for my fuze or laptop like the Fiio E17 helps soundstage? from memory i read somewhere that people mentioned dac plays an important role in soundstage and thats why my Cowon j3 cant keep up on this.

Thx for your time guys

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 5
best soundstage in meaning of big in my opinion:

open back full size: hd598 > k701

closed back full size: k550 > srh940

IEM: ex1000 > ie8

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hello!

I opened this threat to get some knowledge from people who tested a lot of earphones. Recently i went to a store to compare the Dr.Dre and show my friend how much overrated they are. I came across with a pair of Denon d2000 and the Denon d1100. The d1100 were decent and similar to my CAL! but when i heard the d2000 i was really excited. Besides all the other values like the nice micro detailed highs i was impressed by the soundstage. Now i know i am a soundstage lover and i always preffered speakers over iems.
I was at the same time dissapointed though because my gr07 doesnt have such soundstage even though they are suppose to have a good one compared to other iems.

So i would like to ask you if you know any headphones that have such soundstage. How about ultrasones, M50, HD25 and Beyer 1350?
But even more i would like to ask if you know an iem that could have such Soundstage. How about the Sennheiser I80?

PS. a portable dac for my fuze or laptop like the Fiio E17 helps soundstage? from memory i read somewhere that people mentioned dac plays an important role in soundstage and thats why my Cowon j3 cant keep up on this.

Thx for your time guys

The UM Miracle is known for having an incredibly expansive soundstage.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

The UM Miracle is known for having an incredibly expansive soundstage.

Expensive but good to know incase i decide to go for the big move.

Quote:
best soundstage in meaning of big in my opinion:

open back full size: hd598 > k701

closed back full size: k550 > srh940

IEM: ex1000 > ie8

Thx for the suggestions..
So you think the ex1000 has better soundstage than the ie8/ie80?  Is it comparable to the headphones you suggested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back