The Sony S638f....My little review.....Its awesome!
Nov 11, 2008 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 197

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a S638f today and have been listening to it most of the afternoon,and i just had to write a little review about it.
This player is just outstanding,its thin and light but feels well made,smashing battery life and very sexy looking to boot (i got the silver and orange one.)
Listening to it flat with no added anything im using lame 320 mp3's,320 aac and some wma vbr on it,and using my Se310's and ive also tried my dt231 galactics too,talk about ear nirvana,this thing sounds incredible!
Its the first dap i've heard that really gives my Rh1 hi-md a real run for its money.
No hiss on either of the phones ive been using just clear,clean and punchy audio.
It sounds better than my 618f by quite some way,everything sounds very pleasing to my ears indeed.
Nightwish sound awesome on this and so does just about everything ive heard so far.
As far as dap's go this is indeed the best one ive heard,beats everything hands down!
Well apart from my Rh1 that is,but its a very very close call.
Hats off to sony,its the best flash player ive ever heard.period!
Cant get much better than that.

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 197
may i know what dap u have or tried so far? Many will eager to know.

Yeah, this lil fella kick ass
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine is black color though

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
may i know what dap u have or tried so far? Many will eager to know.

Yeah, this lil fella kick ass
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine is black color though

Ive heard and owned the following Dap's....
S618f,S706f,E015.A818.
Rh1 Hi-md
Cowon iaudio7
Cowon D2
Countless other makes by philips,iriver etc and a really old little alba player.
And like i said in the first post the only player that is maybe just a hair better sounding is the Rh1,but its a really tough call.
High praise indeed.

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 197
I Had a 618f and found it to be really fatiguing with certain music, rock and electronic music were ok but it didnt handle classical or folk very well at all.
Does the s638f have a more gentle touch?

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Had a 618f and found it to be really fatiguing with certain music, rock and electronic music were ok but it didnt handle classical or folk very well at all.
Does the s638f have a more gentle touch?

Well i wouldn't call it more gentle,but it is more airy and open sounding,a lot more fuller and purer.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #9 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussa Audio Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have done side by side comparisions...and the E438 does not sound as good as S636...and there are no extra enhancements on E series either.

The detail is much better on the s series...it's awesome.

cool.gif
Hmmmm, gotta go try one out sometime in the future. Sounds like a real winner
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 197
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussa Audio Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have done side by side comparisions...and the E438 does not sound as good as S636...and there are no extra enhancements on E series either.

The detail is much better on the s series...it's awesome.

Not to doubt your statement but did you listen to the exact same tracks ripped the same with the same headphones? Only reason I ask is that I have the E-series and not having another Sony to compare to it sounds just fine but if indeed the S-series is significantly better sounding than i'll return the E for the S.

Tell us your testing procedure and how you can to your conclusion. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back