The Sony NS500V
Jul 17, 2002 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Should I buy it?

I plan on using it with some Axiom M3 Loudspeakers and a NAD Int. Amp.

(I have not bought any of these components yet)

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 8
At it's current close-out pricing of $150-$170 or so, IMO it's one of the best deals in audio right now.

Jul 17, 2002 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
At it's current close-out pricing of $150-$170 or so, IMO it's one of the best deals in audio right now.

I'll second that and add that even if you don't like the CD/SACD performance you can always use it as a DVD player which it does a fine job as.Some have found this player to be harsh when first used.I think this player sounds very different after a few (40 or so) hours of use.I don't think anything anywhere near the price can touch it.

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 8
the sacd playback is phenomonal (although i admit i haven't heard any other sacd players, i just seem to love sacd sound) and the dvd playback is really great too. it's a very nice unit, and it's also very compact and nice looking. it's a great unit and i agree that you can't buy anything near it for the price and options it has.

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 8
I have the NS900V, wich either sounds very similar with SACD or just a smidge better, depending which reviewer you believe (I tend to beleive similar since I think the transport mechanism and SACD electronics are identical). I use it with and NAD amp and I'm very very impressed. I think Sony finally realized that if they want the format to succeed, you needed really good players that cost less than a thousand dollars and needed them fast while DVD-A is wobbling out of the gate.

Jul 20, 2002 at 5:57 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, buy it now!! I have had mine for about 3 weeks. Sound quality is excellent on CD as well as SACD. I bought it as a DVD player, but now spend the majority of the time listening to SACD/CD on it. Thank you Sony!!

Jul 21, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 8
I can tell you it sounds very good with the Axiom Audio M3ti speakers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back