The Sony 40th Anniversary Walkman Thread
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #2,672 of 3,003
I believe most would say USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). It's what I use in addition to the built-in Walkman player.
it's the perfect app I've been looking for since getting the NW-A100 and suffereing with the slowness of the Walkman app, so this UAPP has almost all the features that I need and is very smooth browsing my 80,000 songs, I have to say THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for recommending this app.

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #2,673 of 3,003
it's the perfect app I've been looking for since getting the NW-A100 and suffereing with the slowness of the Walkman app, so this UAPP has almost all the features that I need and is very smooth browsing my 80,000 songs, I have to say THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for recommending this app.

Very glad to have helped!

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,674 of 3,003
Note, battery life will be much less than with Walkman player, nearly halved. (Unless changed recently).

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #2,676 of 3,003
is anyone experiencing muffled Bluetooth sound with the NW-A100?, I don't know how to describe it but its like the vocals slowly go to the left earbud for a few seconds and then back to being balanced with the right earbud, this doesn't happen with the Walkman app, only with other audio apps, I don't know how to fix it, my S20 plays fine with other apps, its only apps on this Walkman, I hope someone could help me.

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #2,677 of 3,003
Please guide me to the correct location if this is not for this thread.
Been using my NW-A105 for a month now and apart for the battery life its a great little player. I have thrown all of the music I have ripped over the years to MP3 on it but feel that I am not doing either the player or my ears justice. Most of the CD I do not own now (divorce) and most of the rest I probably do not listen to that often, I do you apple music but would rather not use the player for streaming. Where is the best place to purchase Hi Res music and not just full albums but individual tracks as well?

Jul 31, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,679 of 3,003
Does anyone have a link for 4.04 international firmware and does it have the EU check volume thing? Not the volume limit, the annoying prompt every few hours of listening that turns the volume back to 50 and restricts it until you ‘ok’ it? Using the Walkman with an amp I always set volume to 100 so this is irritating!

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,680 of 3,003
I believe most would say USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). It's what I use in addition to the built-in Walkman player.
I wud agree uapp is best and also gives you ability to use external dac , but if u want something free musicolet has everything u want in a music player.

On a side note are we going to see any more updates , esp to walkman app as it needs few important updates like playlists, que management and other basic stuff and since using any other player halves tge battery life i am hoping walkman app is updated. Any chance it happens ?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #2,682 of 3,003
can the UAPP app play bit perfect to an amp now?
Yes, it auto-detects internal hi-res dac now. But still no option for line-out. Even my NW-A17 has line-out. Although output is pretty clean on A105 so even with "double-amping" it still sounds good with external amp.

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #2,683 of 3,003
I
On a side note are we going to see any more updates , esp to walkman app as it needs few important updates like playlists, que management and other basic stuff and since using any other player halves tge battery life i am hoping walkman app is updated. Any chance it happens ?

as it needs few important updates like playlists, que management and other basic stuff and since using any other player halves tge battery life i am hoping walkman app is updated. Any chance it happens ?
Apart from security updates I doubt if there will be any more "enhancement" or feature updates. Sony aren't known for extended support on any of their audio or indeed video gear. I would never invest heavily in Sony equipment for this very reason. Once they have your hard earned cash, they're gone.

Apologies re the double quotation. The joys of working on a mobile phone.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #2,684 of 3,003
didn't know that the main 1A/Z is closed by mods, is tjis thread also include those old classic or only for A100 and newer Walkmans?

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #2,685 of 3,003
Want to stream music from the Walkman app, Spotify, Tidal to airplay speakers / receivers. Airmusic app does it, even all speakers at once, but only on android 10+ because of “root”? Any way around this or to install android 10 on the Walkman? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back