The Small Headphone Companies. (Question)
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

s1mp13m4n

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I have a question or two. We all know about the big headphone makes and mainstream brands. I would like to know about the small headphone companies. Compared to Bose or Beats, Grado is a rather small and family owned company. What other headphones companies are small and still offer quality products?

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 8
Audeze pioneered/drove the current Planar magnetic revolution and their new Mobius model and iSine model broke some serious ground. I think that's the first thing a "Hi-Fi curious" person should look into.

Other Planar companies mentioned on this thread include Mr Speakers & Hifiman.

Zmf and Mr Speakers have some shared DNA having started as modders who developed into top tier designers and outstanding Community members.

Hifiman makes nice stuff but it's known to fail OFTEN and has poor customer service. There are better options for you to invest big dollars in

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 8
Hello everyone. I have a question or two. We all know about the big headphone makes and mainstream brands. I would like to know about the small headphone companies. Compared to Bose or Beats, Grado is a rather small and family owned company. What other headphones companies are small and still offer quality products?

Audeze.

There's also HiFiMan in terms of performance but their after sales support kind of sucks compared to Grado and Audeze. Or for the most part just really slow, since your first stumbling block is that your email will need to go through a translator you kinda start to think if the CEO himself has to deal with English emails (along with everything else).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back