The Shure e2c's didn't live up to my expectations
Aug 23, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #16 of 22
never listen to "'iem' straight out of dap" only people
most of the time, they obsess over their dap and think that anything better than ibuds is godly

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #17 of 22
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the super.fi 5 pro's considering advice that you should just make the big leap and buy the more expensive phones now rather than later. That lasted a few minutes. I realized that the sf5 pros would be similiar in price to my iPod. Despite my desire to have amazing audio, I'm gonna have to stick with my price range. I might even keep the E2c's since the sf3's dont seem to be much better...

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People like to overstate things a lot (especially here!)

the above comment should be in a FAQ or something.

--
yeah, i was pretty disappointed w/ the E2C's as well (actually, pretty much all IEMs).

i just picked up some UE superfi 5ebs but, imo, they're not that great either (not to mention, they're huge). better than the E2C's though.

my advice is to just deal w/ it and listen to the music.

Aug 23, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #19 of 22
$100 is within reach of the E3 or ER4. Look around a bit, you might get lucky.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrwlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read glowing reviews of the e2c so i decided to put down a good amount of money (to me) for them. People said that you couldnt hear people talking next to you with them in your ears and the music off, but I can. With the music on I cant hear people talking, though. Also, I expected to be blown away by amazing sound quality. However, I feel like the e2c's SQ is slightly better than the iPod buds. The music seems only a bit more detailed with the e2c's in (compared to the ibuds). I don't think fit/seal is an issue because I am rather isolated and the bass is good.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I just a complete no0b?

Should I return them and get a different brand of IEMs? (considering this)
I didn't even know about UE before I came to head-fi. super.fi?
I felt like the e2cs would be better than the er6is. wrong?

P.S. I listen mostly to contemporary rock, a little rap, some classical.

Thanks for your help in advance.

That's if you don't insert them properly into your ears and/or you're not using them with a good enough source. If driven by a good source, especially when amped and when you get a snug fit, the e2cs should blow the iBuds out of the water in sound quality.

Oh, and I don't recommend Shure E3/SE210s - the highs hardly exist on these IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back