The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)
Nov 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #1,021 of 2,918
Lets see I got $55,000 what should I buy? Headphones, Mercedes Benz, BMW, open up a business. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ow wait I could buy a legendary Klipsch Home Audio System for $10,000 and get the finest sound with real sound stage and an actual REAL subwoofer that produces REAL heart thumping bass that you can feel, buy a Mercedes or BMW for $32,000 and still have $13,000 spare change.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,022 of 2,918
I recommend to buy Chord Hugo TT and modified HD800.
wink_face.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #1,023 of 2,918
I recommend to buy a STAX 009, ESOTERIC D-02, BHSE and a MacBookPro--
but that´s the about the same amount of money i had to spend, Haha,
wink_face.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,024 of 2,918
  Lets see I got $55,000 what should I buy? Headphones, Mercedes Benz, BMW, open up a business. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ow wait I could buy a legendary Klipsch Home Audio System for $10,000 and get the finest sound with real sound stage and an actual REAL subwoofer that produces REAL heart thumping bass that you can feel, buy a Mercedes or BMW for $32,000 and still have $13,000 spare change.

WAIT!  Don't forget to plan wisely for your retirement.  You can't start too early. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,025 of 2,918
Ha Ha, i would not say prefer STAX, but it was the best available to my ears and i had a great time using it.

for the Senn, it was and will be not that easy to get in time.
wink_face.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #1,026 of 2,918
  $55,000 for Headphones and Amp that 90% of people here would not even be able to tell the difference too from a $400 headphone.

Of which these headphones and amp at most only costs about $500 to manufacture. LOL

No wonder beats makes billions by selling $14 headphones for $200, a sucker is born every minute.

Although I do agree retail prices are too high, you obviously have not set foot lately even in electronic parts store - normal, not audiophile one - let alone in a " shop" capable of anything approaching the precision required to manufacture the stators of the new Orpheus .

Normal audio piece of electronics per default costs the manufacturer about 20 % of the retail price - you have to cover for R&D, distribution, advertising, service and support. Super cutting edge supposed to be a class apart products increase this to about 10% or so. 

So good luck with $500 for manufacturing Orpheus 2 - if you can do it, I'll buy several of 'em...

Beats is unfortunately not far removed from your claim.

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #1,027 of 2,918

Hey, I'm familiar with your website! You sell some exotic stuff.
cool.gif

$55,000 for Headphones and Amp that 90% of people here would not even be able to tell the difference too from a $400 headphone.

Of which these headphones and amp at most only costs about $500 to manufacture. LOL

No wonder beats makes billions by selling $14 headphones for $200, a sucker is born every minute.

I hate to break it to you, but...

1. The differences between headphones are often dramatic and obvious, especially when it comes to electrostats.
  2. Sennheiser spend millions of dollars developing their products, and this one took a decade to develop.

Please stop spreading misinformation without proof.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,028 of 2,918
Thanks so much.  We just go where our ears take us.  It's not always to larger brand names. We feel very fortunate to be part of this community.  About half of our work is custom of late, (and it's not all extraordinarily expensive like sometimes people assume.) It's just the result of listening everyday and having access to a nice swath of gear and cables. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #1,030 of 2,918
  I am doing just that as a matter of fact, better to have a solid retirement and be taken care off in your old days than a $55,000 headphones and living like a vagrant on the streets. Just saying..

But who in their right mind would spend that much on something if it was practically all the money they had? XD

I doubt anyone who spends $55K on audio equipment is worried about money. People in that price bracket tend to own their own businesses.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,031 of 2,918

But who in their right mind would spend that much on something if it was practically all the money they had? XD

I doubt anyone who spends $55K on audio equipment is worried about money. People in that price bracket tend to own their own businesses.

True, good point.

My Coconut Tree business will be ready in 4 years time here in the Caribbean. I can't wait!!! Got about 200 trees growing, I will be able to burn cash on high end Audio but not a fat chance in this price range.

I will be able to easily afford the Senns HD 800 for $1300 quite easily. To me thats more than good enough especially since my ears would never even be able to hear the true potential of those cans anyways, but offcourse I am going to buy Fostex 900 for $1100 because of the wooden cups. They are the last of their kind to be built like the old Denon D7000 before that company went to the ****ter.

Till then I will continue with my old HD 555 I got for $90 on Amazon back in 2008 the ear pads are torn, cannot be refitted to I manually hold them together when putting on the headphones and use the clamping force to keep them in place, I did however order a Denon AH340 last week its MSRP is $300 but I got them for $50 on Amazon used like new. To me thats as much as these wannabe Beats bandwadionist crap is worth. What a stupid company this Denon chasing after that dumb stupid beats design that every uneducated clown wears because Dr Dre says they are awesome. The guy is a good producer I will give him that but his knowledge in headphones are complete ****.

props to him in getting every idiot on the planet to pay $200 for his $14 headphones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3001842/Dre-Beats-headphones-cost-14-make.html

I don't blame him, an idiot is born every minute.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #1,032 of 2,918
  True, good point.

My Coconut Tree business will be ready in 4 years time here in the Caribbean. I can't wait!!! Got about 200 trees growing, I will be able to burn cash on high end Audio but not a fat chance in this price range.

I will be able to easily afford the Senns HD 800 for $1300 on Amazon within just 2 weeks worth of pickings. To me thats more than good enough especially since my ears would never even be able to hear the true potential of those cans anyways, but offcourse I am going to buy Fostex 900 for $1100 because of the wooden cups. They are the last of their kind to be built like the old Denon D7000 before that company went to the ****ter.

Till then I will continue with my old HD 555 I got for $90 on Amazon back in 2008 the ear pads are torn, cannot be refitted to I manually hold them together when putting on the headphones and use the clamping force to keep them in place, I did however order a Denon AH340 last week its MSRP is $300 but I got them for $50 on Amazon used like new. To me thats as much as these wannabe Beats bandwadionist crap is worth. What a stupid company this Denon chasing after that dumb stupid beats design that every uneducated clown wears because Dr Dre says they are awesome.

That sounds interesting. I already own my own business (in the advertising sector), but only as a sole proprietor at this point.

You should try electrostats before making a high-end purchase. You may end up liking them (even entry-level ones) more than high-end non-electrostats. I know I do.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #1,033 of 2,918

If we go from the impressions thus far that basically say the HE 1060 blows the pants off of every other headphone, it can be surmised that adding tens of thousands of dollars worth of auxiliary components to lesser headphones won't change that. That being said, I think the fairest comparison for the future would be the new Orpheus system versus the other headphones on the best amps available for them, but using the same top-of-the-line DAC (and cables or whatever too) for everything.

Yeah exactly what I'm saying - this setup hasn't been directly compared side by side to setups of the same value in the same conditions.  That's not apples for apples.  Also, you keep telling people to back up their points with facts and avoid speculation, then you go and say "it can be surmised" which is just a fancier way of saying "Nah I reckon it would still beat those other setups anyway".  Can you link to documentation with supporting information that that's what you reckon? 
wink.gif

Also keeping in mind that just because someone says it 'blows the pants off of every other headphone' doesn't mean much - a lot of people describe the differences between two similarly priced amps as 'night and day' etc, but if you've been around this forum long enough, you would know from experience that a lot of differences are massively overstated, and that the higher we get in dollar value, the smaller those differences become.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #1,034 of 2,918
  Yeah exactly what I'm saying - this setup hasn't been directly compared side by side to setups of the same value in the same conditions.  That's not apples for apples.  Also, you keep telling people to back up their points with facts and avoid speculation, then you go and say "it can be surmised" which is just a fancier way of saying "Nah I reckon it would still beat those other setups anyway".  Can you link to documentation with supporting information that that's what you reckon? 
wink.gif

Also keeping in mind that just because someone says it 'blows the pants off of every other headphone' doesn't mean much - a lot of people describe the differences between two similarly priced amps as 'night and day' etc, but if you've been around this forum long enough, you would know from experience that a lot of differences are massively overstated, and that the higher we get in dollar value, the smaller those differences become.

Well, what I'm saying is, if the headphones are as good as everyone (including many people who have heard some of the best headphone systems out there) is saying, the fundamental differences between the headphones will remain regardless of which components you use with them. You and I both know that the differences between headphones are far more drastic than things like electronics. But don't get me wrong: I'm all for any comparisons anyone can do!

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #1,035 of 2,918
Absolutely I agree that the headphone provides the most amount of difference, but some people would describe the HEK with stock cable on a $2k amp as being not even 50% as good as a HEK with premium cables on a $20k amp.  It's really hard to know what sort of difference someone is hearing when they are trying to describe something that is quantified so differently by different people.

I'm not entirely sure why I care anyway, because even if I heard them and agreed that they blow the pants off of everything ever made, they cost FIFTY THOUSAND EUROS so I will not be buying one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back