The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jude, Nov 3, 2015.
First

Back
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last
  1. mulder01
    Yeah just the other 40 something thousand
    No biggie
    Jeez I hope you like them
    Have you heard them?

2. wink
    Yep......... I have.... :ksc75smile:

3. up late
    ditto

4. raypin
    Mm....viable alternatives to the HE 1: Stax SR 009 plus appropriate energizer (BHSE etc.), Hifiman Shangrila (??)........can't personally
    confirm those two but is there a dynamic headphone system that can run with the big, bad wolf?

Chord Blu MK II (CD material) + Chord Dave + Atlas Asimi XLR silver interconnect + Mass Kobo 394 Balanced amp (a neutralish headphone amp with gobs of power to drive any headphone) + Heimdall 2 + Focal Utopia.........is in the neighborhood of the HE 1. The set still lacks the to-the-last-detail resolving power of the HE 1 and its eerie realism but it is a viable alternative. Soundstage (a known weakness of the Focal Utopia) is expansive......................all that for 33k, a bargain compared to the HE 1. A pack follower........but not the leader.

Note: the Blu Mk II does make a big difference in the audio chain......so forget the flac out of USB laptop. It is just an inferior source. Main problems are less dynamic presentation and less resolving.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. saidentary
    Or anywhere else on this planet or elsewhere in the known (and unknown) universe--or in the multiverse, for that matter.

6. mulder01
    People seem to have no problem spending this amount of money on head fi - just normally spread across a number of different components. Many members have a number of flagship cans and a selection of amps, dacs, music servers, cables etc that would easily add up to this amount.

wink, raypin and ToroFiestaSol like this.
  7. up late
    true but that can be cumulative and occur over a number of years. we're talking about a single purchase here, which is extraordinarily expensive even in the high-end head-fi market segment.

8. wrathofkhan
    Hi raypin,

I must have missed something here,,, exactly what cable are we talking about,, is it the headphone / cable that plugs into the headphone compartment?.

9. raypin
    Mm... yes, the headphone cable of the HE 1. It is detachable from the compartment but fixed on the headphone side. I am extremely careful not to snag it or twist it or bend it. It is quite long so I am using a cable tie to make the lenght to my preference (velcro type, borrowed from my Oppo PM 1).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  10. wrathofkhan
    Has anybody reached the 250 hours where the orange led on the volume control comes on,,, or that is what is suggested, indicating a valve replacement.?

11. protoss
    I hope you do a YouTube review on the HE-1 !!

And than a few weeks later do a review on how much you hate it and tell us to buy Woo Audio products. I loved that video btw.

LMAO !

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  12. mulder01
    I think raypin is the only one here who has one of these... I'd be calling sennheiser to clarify if you're seriously considering getting one. I have heard some people say tubes take 250 hrs to burn in, not wear out...

Are you talking about the HD800 review?

13. protoss
    No, this video :

And at 12:45 is the funniest part ever. Gold medal

Verycoolalan is cool for this video :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  14. protoss
    I think in my opinion you should hunt down these 4 legends for your collection ?

I call this picture.

" 4 Boys chilling on a sofa, warming up to the sensation of nirvana "

Chilling.jpg

15. raypin
    Mm..stax sr omega, orpheus (1), stax sr 007, sony r10 (?). Right?

Dobrescu George and protoss like this.
First

Back
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last