The Sennheiser Orpheus 2? A First Look At The Sennheiser HE-1 (The New Orpheus)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jude, Nov 3, 2015.
First

Back
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
171 172
Next

Last
  1. VandyMan
    I live in NYC and don't have a car. When friends are shocked at the cost of my BHSE + 009, I tell them that it *is* my car. Gets me where I want to go.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    raypin likes this.
  2. VandyMan
    My dream is for the baby HE-1 which I hope will be under 25K, but I have no idea what it will cost or when it will appear.

3. verycoolalan
    Haha "VeryNaiveAlan"

Which does remind me that I really do want a RR Ghost one of these days. Not a new one of course I simply can't afford it, I bet the sound system sounds amazing though.

4. wrathofkhan
    VandyMan,,,, you & me both,,,, But it could take years and I,m nearly 70 so I really want the best now.

I have read the manual regarding this issue of Tube replacement. Unfortunately it does not tell us how many hours till we get the orange light indicating a valve change needed.
    If it is 250 hours it is a really short time as I have mentioned above and a deal breaker for me. 2000 hours would be much better but in all this it is a serious omission in the manual and already one purchaser on this forum was not really happy when 250 hours was confirmed by the concierge on delivery.

5. mulder01
    I am no tube aficionado, but can't you buy a tester for tubes to measure their quality? Then you could just test them yourself and replace them when they hit a certain point, rather than guess?

Or if you are really serious about spending this sort of money, either call the HE1 salespeople directly on + 49 692 000 18 23 or shoot an email to he1.sales@service-concierge.com and get a direct answer for yourself rather than chatting to us bunch of have-nots.

But if you DO buy one, come back and chat to us bunch of have-nots.

6. wink
    .... or not....... :ksc75smile:

7. raypin

Mm...I’m confused. You are getting the HE 1, right? So, which one are you? Football player or celebrity? :nerd:

8. up late
    @wrathofkhan - what he said ^

9. verycoolalan
    Lol neither.
    I own a Benz and a BMW, but they're older.

raypin likes this.
  10. mulder01
    Wait, you've actually ordered one? I missed this - did I also miss the sarcasm perhaps?
    omg it's THE very cool Alan. I wonder what headphones he has... Probably somethin' cool

11. verycoolalan
    Lol
    Yeah I gave the deposit.

The final 40 something thousand dollars are due whenever the system is ready.

12. wrathofkhan
    WOW
    3 - 6 months, thats a very long time, there must be over a hundred on order as I read they can only make one a day.

Hopefully we may soon get some actual customer reviews and maybe comparisons to other top end phones with emphasis on the Stax SR 009 with the BHSE.

13. Deftone
    Well it still surprises me, I honestly did not think there would be one single person on headfi to buy the HE1.

14. mulder01
    It's going to boil down to a matter of preference anyway. Only you can make the call

15. raypin
    Mm...actually better delivery dates now. When I first inquired sometime in early 2016, the waiting time was 18 months (from order to delivery).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
First

Back
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
171 172
Next

Last