The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Jul 3, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #61 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder which is the best cable for HD600 ? Is it Cardas , Apuresound, Zu Mobius , Jena or something else ?

I have been impressed by the APureSound, Jenna Labs 18g Cryo and the Silver Dragon, and not as impressed with vampire and black dragon. Although the later cables offered some improvements, they were not my favorites for absolute transparency and accuracy like the others. That is about all I can say on the matter.

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #63 of 672
hi just got my hd600 today
smily_headphones1.gif

definitely still enjoyable w/out amp imho

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #66 of 672
When I put my HD580 in the headphone jacket of my Denon pre-amp, it sounds almost as good as when I put it in my Musical Fidelity X-can V3.
All my other cans benefits more from the headphone amp.

Jul 3, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #67 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow this is a short appreciation thread for such a legendary headphone.

Maybe because all the HD 600 owners are listening to music and not reading about listening!
wink.gif

GO Senn's!!!

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #68 of 672
Good one nutric08 hehehe

Tiemen, yes they are good on my integrated amp too. When I think no amp, I think DAP or any portable which is why I said not enough volume

Jul 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #69 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by nutric08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe because all the HD 600 owners are listening to music and not reading about listening!
wink.gif

x2

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #71 of 672
Quote:

not enough volume first of all. Depending on what youre driving them with, they might sound a little soft too.

The ipod being set to half volume is already a very suitable volume... anything higher than that I personally find too loud ...

I think to put it more appropriately would be to say that the ipod's integrated amplifier isn't able to drive the 300 ohm hd 600 to it's full potential.

A good amp would probably improve sound quality ... I have no idea how cos I still don't have one yet... probably improve on the bass quality/quantity (tighter/fuller?) and also improve on the soundstage (wider?)...

Any audiophiles are welcome to correct what I said above cos I'm still new to this

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #72 of 672
Well, on my ipod, at full volume, I can still hear people talking to me. Thats a very low volume in my book. With the ad2000 full volume feels like your head is being smacked by the sound

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #73 of 672
Oh, TheDeliveryMan,
Whats the truth in the controversy about the old vs new hd600s? Is the one with the white material really made to sound different than the older models with the black material around the drivers?

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #74 of 672
When I had the drivers replaced in my HE60 recently, the person at Sennheiser assured me that there is no difference in the HD600 or HD650 with dark or light fabric inside.

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #75 of 672
Quote:

Well, on my ipod, at full volume, I can still hear people talking to me. Thats a very low volume in my book. With the ad2000 full volume feels like your head is being smacked by the sound

sounds like you listen at dangerous volumes....
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back