The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Jun 11, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #31 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysoberyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those cans are simply the best i've heard.No 650,no k701,no dt880 are even close.The only sound comparable is the Er4s.

agree completely. as my sig makes clear!

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #32 of 672
Hi, y'all. Just checking in, for the third go-round, with the HD600. The ones I bought (used) still have a 150-200 more hours to go, I think, before they open up. They sound constrained right now, not like I remember my first pair of HD600 w/Smurf blue Cardas. [Now the cable's gray with rhodium connectors.] Am looking forward to enjoying these fine cans anew!

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #33 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by windrider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking for an appreciation thread for the hd600 and could only find this old thread. Was thinking whether to start a new one but i decided to post here instead. I think they need more love in the form of an appreciation thread compared to the 595s and 650s which have huge threads going on! i guess everyone's too busy listening to them to post about them
biggrin.gif

Its just like what my sig says: even out of a "lowly" zero dac/amp, they sound so good i'm losing sleep over them simply cos i cant bring myself to take em off my head!

They are exactly what i was hoping for; a less thin and harsh sounding dt880, with abit more body and abit more bass, as well as having a slightly more upfront and slightly sweeter sounding midrange from its more upfront presentation. In fact i would have bought them over the dt880s in the first place if not for the better bundled package available for the dt880s at the time (as well as the cheaper price), but now i regret not going straight for these!

I don't think any other headphones are going to dethrone them anytime soon unless i find an incredible deal for a pair ad2000s somehow (damn those cans are expensive!), i realize i'm a sucker for midrange sweetness even if its slightly artificial.

I feel very happy to see a satisified head-fier.
I tried HD600 last time with Heed CanAmp, I didn't like it very much. But I'm planning to try it one more time with Gilmore Lite amp. For now, I'm satisfied with HD650 with Heed CanAmp.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #34 of 672
Quote:

I was looking for an appreciation thread for the hd600 and could only find this old thread. Was thinking whether to start a new one but i decided to post here instead. I think they need more love in the form of an appreciation thread compared to the 595s and 650s which have huge threads going on! i guess everyone's too busy listening to them to post about them
biggrin.gif

Its just like what my sig says: even out of a "lowly" zero dac/amp, they sound so good i'm losing sleep over them simply cos i cant bring myself to take em off my head!

They are exactly what i was hoping for; a less thin and harsh sounding dt880, with abit more body and abit more bass, as well as having a slightly more upfront and slightly sweeter sounding midrange from its more upfront presentation. In fact i would have bought them over the dt880s in the first place if not for the better bundled package available for the dt880s at the time (as well as the cheaper price), but now i regret not going straight for these!

I don't think any other headphones are going to dethrone them anytime soon unless i find an incredible deal for a pair ad2000s somehow (damn those cans are expensive!), i realize i'm a sucker for midrange sweetness even if its slightly artificial.

Nice bump! I didn't get my HD-600 until February this year, but they've been getting a lot of head time. Terrific headphones and I added a blue 10' Cardas cable to them.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #35 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried HD600 last time with Heed CanAmp, I didn't like it very much. But I'm planning to try it one more time with Gilmore Lite amp. For now, I'm satisfied with HD650 with Heed CanAmp.

Hi murugesh, mind sharing why did you not like the hd600s with the heed canamp? I heard the canamp is a tad dark/warm/slow so i'm surprised you prefer them with the hd650s compared to the hd600.

Reason why i'm asking is because someone is selling the heed canamp in my area and was wondering if it would be a significant boost to my current setup
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #36 of 672
I'm still enjoying my HD600s and can't seem to seel them. I like the blue smurf 10' Cardas and just like the all around balanced sound which definately reminds me of the speaker world.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #37 of 672
Quote:

Hi murugesh, mind sharing why did you not like the hd600s with the heed canamp? I heard the canamp is a tad dark/warm/slow so i'm surprised you prefer them with the hd650s compared to the hd600.

Reason why i'm asking is because someone is selling the heed canamp in my area and was wondering if it would be a significant boost to my current setup
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know, I think it's just me. I know some people mentioning Heed Canamp sync well with HD600 rather HD650. But somehow I feel 650-Heed combo sounds good to my ears. Still I wanted some better clarity/detail with this combo, so I ordered Gilmore Lite and HD600 on Monday. Just waiting for them to arrive. I hope I will get them before this weekend, so I can test 600 and 650 on Heed Vs G-Lite amps. I'm bit eager right now.

EDIT: Btw, My K701 pairs very well with Heed CanAmp.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #38 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, I think it's just me. I know some people mentioning Heed Canamp sync well with HD600 rather HD650. But somehow I feel 650-Heed combo sounds good to my ears. Still I wanted some better clarity/detail with this combo, so I ordered Gilmore Lite and HD600 on Monday. Just waiting for them to arrive. I hope I will get them before this weekend, so I can test 600 and 650 on Heed Vs G-Lite amps. I'm bit eager right now.

EDIT: Btw, My K701 pairs very well with Heed CanAmp.

What music genres do you mainly listen to? I'm guessing hd650 with a heed canamp would not suit rock/metal but fine for other stuff like jazz/pop?

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #39 of 672
Quote:

What music genres do you mainly listen to? I'm guessing hd650 with a heed canamp would not suit rock/metal but fine for other stuff like jazz/pop?

I listen to only Classical and Jazz. No other genres. May be that's the reason my preference is different from others.

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #40 of 672
^haven't heard the heed with the 600s, but I really liked the synergy with the Glite

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #41 of 672
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^haven't heard the heed with the 600s, but I really liked the synergy with the Glite

I'm eager to test it this weekend. After that, I think I will keep only the best and sell the rest of my gears.

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #42 of 672
Make sure you post your impressions after listening and comparing

Jun 12, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #43 of 672
To my ears, nothing can seem to unseat the HD600. They just cling to me like a person, beating off all other headphones.
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #45 of 672
To me they sound better than hd650s for rock. Although hd650 has more bass and a sweeter midrange, which does benefit certain tracks, its treble is abit too rolled off and the music loses too much "excitement" or "sparkle". The whole sound signature is too dark for my tastes for rock.

To me on my current setup, Hd600 still sounds very slightly on the bright/harsh side for some rock, and abit on the lean side for bass, could use slightly more punch, though its very extended, deep and low. Its infinitely less harsh than grados IMO (i've listened for hours and hours without needing to take them off). I wouldnt say they are the absolute best headphones for rock, but they do the job pretty well IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back