The Sennheiser HD-600 thread
Nov 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #556 of 672
Like I said - my mistake - I thought - you'd mentioned HE6.

And I know I'm nitpicking here - but the HE4 runs at around $450 new, but you can consistently pick an HD600 up at around $300 new.

BTW - T1's have been going at around $750 used for quite a while now.  I consider it the steal of the century for what it delivers.  I'm actually surprised you hadn't picked one up yet considering how much you liked the DT880 originally.

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #557 of 672
Mshenay you should try a number of different types of music back to back. It's unfair to judge one phone on another phone's merits for a particular genre. What about the HD600 mids? What about the balance between all the frequencies? You don't mention the positives of it. If you listen to the DT880 and HD600 and come to the conclusion that the DT880 does absolutely everything better, I don't think you're giving them an honest listen. Trust me, I'm a former HD600 hater, but that's because I was judging them vs the DT880 solely on the merits of orchestra pieces. There's alot to like about these HD600s when you give them a chance in more genres. You should also time how long it takes for fatigue to set in on both headphones. You might find, like I did, that the HD600s can extend listening sessions, especially with older or lower quality recordings/masters. And yes they do make great compliments, between a DT880 and HD600 (and an SR80i I use for torture sessions) I'm pretty sure I'm set for headphones. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #558 of 672
  Mshenay you should try a number of different types of music back to back. It's unfair to judge one phone on another phone's merits for a particular genre. What about the HD600 mids? What about the balance between all the frequencies? You don't mention the positives of it. If you listen to the DT880 and HD600 and come to the conclusion that the DT880 does absolutely everything better, I don't think you're giving them an honest listen. Trust me, I'm a former HD600 hater, but that's because I was judging them vs the DT880 solely on the merits of orchestra pieces. There's alot to like about these HD600s when you give them a chance in more genres. You should also time how long it takes for fatigue to set in on both headphones. You might find, like I did, that the HD600s can extend listening sessions, especially with older or lower quality recordings/masters. And yes they do make great compliments, between a DT880 and HD600 (and an SR80i I use for torture sessions) I'm pretty sure I'm set for headphones. 

Just don't listen to the T1 - or you won't be satisfied with your DT880 anymore 
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #559 of 672
Yep - I can confirm that for sure (T1's sitting firmly on my head as I type)
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #560 of 672

Strange read my last post sir.

I did not in any way compare the HD 600 to my DT 880, my comparisons have been to the HE 4 [which is literally a "super" dt 880] , and what I've been saying is I'm not posting anything conclusive. My final say on the HD 600 will be riddled with Pictures, I'll have like 7 different genres to compare it to and I'll be volume matching the ENTIRE thing

these post are just my muses :3 and I like the HD 600 thus far, its full of Suprises! It's just me posting what I'm thinking as I'm listening, so I can cement my intitial thoughts of it

that and I REALLY want to hear the HD 600 out of the Vali, if you guys saw [a WAYS back] the SE out of the Vali is on par with my NFB10ES2 SE out. I compared the two amps SE out with my W1000x and It was like legit a tie q.q 

that said I think the HD 600 will really SHINE out of the Vali [which arrives some time tommorow/today] 

But yea, I sent some positives to Brooko, I can fairly say James Hetterfeilds voices has never sounded so good till I got the HD 600 xD [and gawd is his voice kinda meh] 

Still Strange, I have no itentions of posting a "hate" review of the HD 600, I've recommend it a few times over the DT 880 to a good number of users, I bought it so that I could have some like legit say so in the battle between the DT 880 and HD 600, and again going back to the HE 4... it's a pain to amp :/ and don't feed any bad music, in terms of owner ship. Just from my initial impressions, I can tell it's an easier headphone to own! 

I like legit bought 5 differetn recordings of "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis :/ I had to have the VERY best one as all my bright cans tore apart the crappy ripps, 

I've swtiched over to Kind of Blue for about 10 mins now, and I can say... the different verisions I have sound fairly simmilar out of the HD 600, which is nice as they are the SAME album <.< 

my aim is to get SUPER intimate with ALL the positives of the HD 600, identify it's "trade offs" and presents those positives to the community, and more importantly I want to know when I should Recommend the DT 880 or the HD 600, as they are very different headphones. Owned together,they are a treat but if ONLY going to have one they each represent a different... mind set.  

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #562 of 672
  lol, luckily there's no store around here to demo them.... Ignorance is bliss. 
blink.gif

Indeed it is, the HE 4 was the ONLY leap of Faith EVER took. I SOLD my DT 880 first <.< then got the HE 4. An ofc the HE 4 is not a "rare" headphone but it's the friggin HE 4 [it's discountinued YEA] so it's a little like a unicorn, chase after it, pass through it's trials and enjoy it's grandour! 

The HD 600 and DT 880, less hopes, and still a wonderful listen!

An I'm enjoying the HD 600 with some Jazz now, doing some Transcendental tripping atm. Still wish it did 3D sound a LITTLE bit better, but that's more the crap tastic SE out of the NFB10ES2 than the Headphone 

but again I am enjoying the HD 600, it's different but it's not bad :3

that and it's dmn comfy 

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #563 of 672
  Strange read my last post sir.

I did not in any way compare the HD 600 to my DT 880, my comparisons have been to the HE 4 [which is literally a "super" dt 880] , and what I've been saying is I'm not posting anything conclusive. My final say on the HD 600 will be riddled with Pictures, I'll have like 7 different genres to compare it to and I'll be volume matching the ENTIRE thing

these post are just my muses :3 and I like the HD 600 thus far, its full of Suprises! It's just me posting what I'm thinking as I'm listening, so I can cement my intitial thoughts of it

that and I REALLY want to hear the HD 600 out of the Vali, if you guys saw [a WAYS back] the SE out of the Vali is on par with my NFB10ES2 SE out. I compared the two amps SE out with my W1000x and It was like legit a tie q.q 

that said I think the HD 600 will really SHINE out of the Vali [which arrives some time tommorow/today] 

But yea, I sent some positives to Brooko, I can fairly say James Hetterfeilds voices has never sounded so good till I got the HD 600 xD [and gawd is his voice kinda meh] 

Still Strange, I have no itentions of posting a "hate" review of the HD 600, I've recommend it a few times over the DT 880 to a good number of users, I bought it so that I could have some like legit say so in the battle between the DT 880 and HD 600, and again going back to the HE 4... it's a pain to amp :/ and don't feed any bad music, in terms of owner ship. Just from my initial impressions, I can tell it's an easier headphone to own! 

I like legit bought 5 differetn recordings of "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis :/ I had to have the VERY best one as all my bright cans tore apart the crappy ripps, 

I've swtiched over to Kind of Blue for about 10 mins now, and I can say... the different verisions I have sound fairly simmilar out of the HD 600, which is nice as they are the SAME album <.< 

my aim is to get SUPER intimate with ALL the positives of the HD 600, identify it's "trade offs" and presents those positives to the community, and more importantly I want to know when I should Recommend the DT 880 or the HD 600, as they are very different headphones. Owned together,they are a treat but if ONLY going to have one they each represent a different... mind set.  

Actually you mentioned the DT880 in comparison a number of times, and in your words said the HD600s were "meh". That's what I was responding to. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #564 of 672
Hey Mshenay - it's all good.  Not the brightest thing to do though - come into a HD600 "Appreciation" thread after A/Bing first against a brighter phone - and state that your first impression is "meh"
tongue.gif
. Kind of sets the tone.

I'm interested to see what you think of them after a few days though.  I've found that they're a headphone that grows on you.  I mean look at me - I've bought and sold twice and am onto my 3rd pair now.  Funny thing is, every time I get them out, and I'm in the right mood, there is a subtle magic that makes me wonder why I don't use them more often ......

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #565 of 672

Actually you mentioned the DT880 in comparison a number of times, and in your words said the HD600s were "meh". That's what I was responding to. 

Oh yea my first post like over an hour ago was  xD but I said and quote

"I wonder if the DT 880 would also sound Meh to me now" 

either way, the HD 600 is nice for some ole school jazz! Thats for sure! 

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #566 of 672
Originally Posted by Brooko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm interested to see what you think of them after a few days though.  I've found that they're a headphone that grows on you.  I mean look at me - I've bought and sold twice and am onto my 3rd pair now.  Funny thing is, every time I get them out, and I'm in the right mood, there is a subtle magic that makes me wonder why I don't use them more often ......

lol, it's my second time buying them! I know just exactly how you feel.

either way, the HD 600 is nice for some ole school jazz! Thats for sure! 

wholeheartedly agree

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #567 of 672
  Hey Mshenay - it's all good.  Not the brightest thing to do though - come into a HD600 "Appreciation" thread after A/Bing first against a brighter phone - and state that your first impression is "meh"
tongue.gif
. Kind of sets the tone.

I'm currently experiencing that very magic you're talking about, and it does not look good for my wallet... I hope I can resist the temptation!

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #568 of 672
tongue.gif
. Kind of sets the tone.

well I got your attention didnt I ;3

but yea, they do grow on you 

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #569 of 672
I'm currently experiencing that very magic you're talking about, and it does not look good for my wallet... I hope I can resist the temptation!

Did you stretch your 650s a bit?

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #570 of 672

Did you stretch your 650s a bit?

Yeah I have, it's much more comfortable now, but still not as comfortable as your HD600. I think it's the pads, the earpads and the headpads are softer, and the shape of the headpads on your HD600 also make it more comfortable I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back