1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The scientific merit of Pono

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by ab initio, May 7, 2014.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
  1. castleofargh Contributor
    I'm sorry, it's a subjective and unfair assessment, but I can't help to feel like you're troll baiting me.

indeed the Ayre guys are a good deal more professional and honest than the marketing guys of the pono campaign, so a DAP that actually works came out of the all mess. I would argue about the stability into low impedance loads, or the roll off at 16/44, but other DAPs have such behaviors so it's nothing special.  it's great if you enjoy your DAP.

2. Roseval

This indeed the Pono claim somewhere in 2014.
    My guesswork is that as Pono was teaming up with Meridian at that time, the revolutionary new format Young was talking about is probably what we know today as MQA.
    As Pono and Meridian split for reasons best known to them,  Pono ended up using plain PCM.

At the moment the Pono shop is closed, some speculate they might re-open selling MQA!
    http://www.audiostream.com/content/neil-youngs-pono-takes-5#ls4FVladOPZU2OSS.97

castleofargh likes this.
  3. reginalb

Goody! New BS to sell us the same crappy masters! 

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21