The RSA Protector balanced portable: Images and impressions 1st page, Please post your impressions . .
Mar 7, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #271 of 837
This amp kicks it. That it can finally make my HD650's sing and I don't have to buy anything but a hand full of amp is amazing. Finally, my 650's sound like I dreamed they should. Now back to Hell Freezes Over.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #272 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I understand, I thought you meant paypal fees.

Agree with what you said though. I sent RSA several hundred pounds two days ago.

No email confirming the order, no shipment date, questions from customers being ignored on the order thread.

It's a disgrace. As is the notion that we are supposed to act as though we are members of a fan club and not customers in a business transaction.

I sent my PayPal on the same day I reserved one. I knew Ray was good for it.
Have we gotten so spoiled that we must have everything immediately. When I was a Kid we were lucky to get mail order things in weeks instead of months

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #273 of 837
When I was a kid I waited for a battleship from a Kellogs cereal carton. I sent a quarter in the mail with the coupon. I waited and waited. That was in 1957. Guess what, I am still waiting. lol I still want the thing. Think it will get to me. :^)

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #276 of 837
Ray, this is what we get when the next generation is raised to feel entitled to everything, with no consideration to how it's been done for years before without problems. When I sent the money I didn't expect it to be shipped immediately, but assumed that it was just time to start collecting money for the pre-orders that would ship soon. Been there done that, nothing new. People - nobody is taking advantage of the customers, nothing to see here, so complainers go away.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #277 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, this is what we get when the next generation is raised to feel entitled to everything, with no consideration to how it's been done for years before without problems. When I sent the money I didn't expect it to be shipped immediately, but assumed that it was just time to start collecting money for the pre-orders that would ship soon. Been there done that, nothing new. People - nobody is taking advantage of the customers, nothing to see here, so complainers go away.

Please, this is ridiculous. "Entitled"? It has been my experience that many modern businesses - including large retailers such as Amazon and small vendors on eBay - will ship a product with in 48 hours after receiving payment. I don't think it's unreasonable for somebody who has not dealt with Ray before to expect the same unless it's been communicated otherwise.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #278 of 837
Well some are frustrated and some are not. The amp will start shipping the end of this coming week, so with that known, hopefully we can all move on now.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #279 of 837
I agree John, and I look forward to hearing others' impressions of this amp. I took my name out of the hat, so to speak, as I don't know if I really want to deal with reterminate my heads and building an adapter, etc but I may end up regretting it.

Instead I've picked up a desktop amp from the FS so I'll have an idea what to expect in the future. Still looking forward to a good portable/transportable solution though.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #280 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From Ray's ordering information:
"The black Protector balanced portable amp is $425.00 at intro price.
The clear/white Protector is $440.00

If you live in the US & you transfer the money via pay-pal the total for black is $452.17.
Don't forget to add $2.58 for each connector you order.

If you live in the US & want to pay via money order or any check the total for black Protector is $439.00.
Please don't forget to add $2.50 for each connector you want.

I'd like to hear Ray's side of this. I have a very hard time believing that Ray Samuels, a legitimate business is charging people for PayPal fees that are the responsibility of the seller - for all of his products. But this intro price is a promotion for Head-Fiers. Did you consider that if he included the PayPal fees in it he could just charge you a higher intro price? Perhaps that's what he needs to do to appease you and prevent himself from getting in trouble with PayPal. He could just charge you an intro price of $455 instead of $425.

But you guys should really chill out that he is a week behind shipping out a brand new product. If it had been out for a year already, I'd say fine, you have a legitimate beef. But this is a brand new item and he's probably been working round the clock to assemble them. It's worth the wait.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #281 of 837
You're misunderstanding me.

It's not that I expect my amp to be sent out the next day, it's that I expect when I buy something from a business to get some kind of confirmation email saying my funds are received and saying when the shipping date is, and yes, thanking me for my order. I wouldn't care if that shipping date was in a day or a fortnight, I want to be informed.

That RSA is a "one man business" is none of my concern, neither do I care how long anyone else had to wait for any other amp.

I am the one paying here, I don't owe anyone my heart felt thanks for taking my money off me and I don't feel grateful that they are going to provide me an amp for it.

This is supposed to be a business transaction, yet I am being called a "bad apple" for expecting the most basic standards of proffessionality?

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #282 of 837
To all:

1) I think Ray produces quality equipment. I also think Ray runs a business.

2) I expressed an opinion and non-vehemently at that. Forum members have that right.

3) The tenor of some (not all) replies gives me pause, kind of like, "Your opinion is wrong, so shut up, I'm the only one who knows what's right." Interesting.

Thanks to all for the insights this thread is producing about the product and otherwise.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #283 of 837
Quote:

I think using the word disgrace is extreme. Ray has an excellent customer care reputation.

OK I agree that "disgrace" was a bit of an extreme choice of words, but I am very disappointed by the customer care shown in this case.

It's not just the lack of any kind of confirmation of my payment or that the confirmation of a shipping date had to come third hand from someone who had to phone RSA to find it out, it is also the number of reasonable questions from customers on the order thread that have been outright ignored.

This is not normal. Others may be happy to accept this kind of business practice but as a consumer who has just paid £300 for a product I expect better and have a perfect right to express that.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #284 of 837
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to hear Ray's side of this. I have a very hard time believing that Ray Samuels, a legitimate business is charging people for PayPal fees that are the responsibility of the seller - for all of his products.

Ray is charging 3% or 4% if you use Paypal. (4% for Canada)

"Transferring money from Canada via pay-pal the total for black Protector is $482.45."

"Shipping to Canada is $38.00"

482.45 - 38 = 444.38
444.38 - 425 = 19.38 (Paypal fees)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back