The RSA Predator appreciation thread.
Dec 19, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice...however, when was the last time an amp ever failed on you NOT from accidental damage and just straight up dying from manufacturer defects?

Anything can happen, it might happen. Lifetime warranty is a big statement, because if Ray pass the business to his next generation or partners, they will also have to assume the liability.

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything can happen, it might happen. Lifetime warranty is a big statement, because if Ray pass the business to his next generation or partners, they will also have to assume the liability.

Not necessarily. The definition of a lifetime warranty depends on the UCC of the state in which the transaction took place. Since Ray is in Illinois, I believe the length of a lifetime warranty is up to interpretation based on what the reasonable life of a headphone amp is. What is that? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? Basically, if Ray feels that the amp is beyond its life, he doesn't have to warrant it anymore.

If he were in California, the lifetime warranty would be 8 years, I think.

Now, I have dealt with and met Ray and he is a very honest and honorable person and I am sure he will do whatever he can to keep the Predators running for as long as he can.

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not necessarily. The definition of a lifetime warranty depends on the UCC of the state in which the transaction took place. Since Ray is in Illinois, I believe the length of a lifetime warranty is up to interpretation based on what the reasonable life of a headphone amp is. What is that? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? Basically, if Ray feels that the amp is beyond its life, he doesn't have to warrant it anymore.

If he were in California, the lifetime warranty would be 8 years, I think.

Interesting laws. Where can I read more about these business laws ?

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting laws. Where can I read more about these business laws ?

Google UCC and the name of the State you want to read about.

UCC stands for Uniform Commercial Code. The UCC was originally drafted independently from any government and was meant to be used as a template for each State to enact as law. The end goal was to harmonize the law of sales in the US. However, since it was originally a template, each State could make its own changes before enacting the UCC and the articles covering Warrantees can be very different from one state to the next.

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Warranty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warranties: Encyclopedia of Everyday Law

The above two links have some definition of the "Lifetime Warranty".

As long as RSA has written statements to support the Predator under warranty for its "Lifetime", I'm happy.

My vintage amp is older than me, and I think I can pass the Predator to my kids if they choose to collect vintages like I do.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back