The Roots new album "undun"
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Meshaboo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I just want to know who has heard this brand new masterpiece by The legendary, hard working Roots crew, called "undun". It released yesterday, Dec. 6, 2011.  I've listened to the whole album about 4x on a live stream. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the CD soon (if my mom gives me some money). Share your thoughts and favorite tracks! Mine are "Make My", "Kool On", and "Lighthouse". 
beyersmile.png

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 17
Woooooah. A new Roots album? Purchased.

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I just want to know who has heard this brand new masterpiece by The legendary, hard working Roots crew, called "undun". It released yesterday, Dec. 6, 2011.  I've listened to the whole album about 4x on a live stream. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the CD soon (if my mom gives me some money). Share your thoughts and favorite tracks! Mine are "Make My", "Kool On", and "Lighthouse". 
beyersmile.png

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 17
It's a fantastic album.  I'm a huge Roots fan and I've been looking forward to this album for a few months now.  I haven't purchased it yet, as I've vowed to save some ideas for stocking stuffers this year and refrain from making new music purchases from now until Christmas.  Spotify has been blowing up the spot with the magic of the Roots all day today though.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Its tremendous. How I Got Over was a good return to form, but undun is an absolute classic. Might be the best since Things Fall Apart.

Yup, same thing I said!! And today I read in an interview with Questlove, they're in the process of working on their 15th album!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 17
Another awesome album from the best rap group in town. I've listened to it a couple of times today.

I might be making thing up, but  I definitely hear references to game theory on this album as well.  Game Theory is (still) my favorite album.

Edit: The OtherSide is great.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 17
Ahhh good news for me today... I just got accepted to my #1 top choice college!!!! AND I bought "undun"!!! P.S. My favorite album is "Organix"... I love the classics... But I have all their albums except "Phrenology" and "Wake Up!" "DYMO", "Illadelph", and "Things Fall Apart" fall after. Then "undun", "HIGO" and then "Game Theory", Rising Down" & "Tipping Point". 
beyersmile.png

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
No love for Things Fall Apart
wink.gif

Definitely my favorite Roots album.

Of course.  Return to Innocence Lost gives me the shiver in a good bad way.  But I'm an economist (game theory is an important part of especially microeconomics).  What can I do?  Furthermore, Clock with no Hands is probably my favorite number.

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
Amazon download has it for $3.99.  At that price, buy it twice.

Hahaha I was thinking about buying the mp3 album from Amazon but CD quality is just more awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back