The Review Tour of FiiO Q1 Mark II Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp Starts Right Now.
Sep 20, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #61 of 197
I've found that having a quality DAP with a really good DAC and good amplifcation itself you won't need an external amp, unless you are walking around with 600ohm headphones

Sep 21, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #62 of 197
Some phones sounds better with a balanced input, be it 2.5mm TRRS or XLR. Example: HD650 at 300 Ohm or some of those 600 Ohm earbuds.
So far, those options are not yet that common yet.

I think its where the Q1 MkII has a little niche since it can double up both as a DAC for laptops/ handphones yet amp for balanced output jacks.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #63 of 197
image.jpeg
Is it just me or is the river flowing backwards? There are more people providing impressions of Q1ii than the people joined in on the tour.
If this keeps up I wonder how much longer Fiio and others will continue doing these tours.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #64 of 197
Is it just me or is the river flowing backwards? There are more people providing impressions of Q1ii than the people joined in on the tour.
If this keeps up I wonder how much longer Fiio and others will continue doing these tours.
Maybe they are reviewers from other platform.
The first batch seems being sent out as well.
BTW, we have asked the previous reviewer to send the review product to you. But not sure whether he has sent because he seems out of business currently.
Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 22, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #65 of 197
Maybe they are reviewers from other platform.
The first batch seems being sent out as well.
BTW, we have asked the previous reviewer to send the review product to you. But not sure whether he has sent because he seems out of business currently.
Best regards
I'll be posting my UK review sample to the next reviewer Saturday 23, i.e., tomorrow; in case anyone was wondering-:)

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #66 of 197
image.jpeg If I get the opportunity to do a review then good, but I guess it isn't the end of the world. I still have not cut through my single ended earphone cables yet to make them balance.
I'm wishing for it to be worth my interest to discover the gateway through the balance world.

I can not upload my unboxing because file size.

Initial impressions are like what others have said.

I really have to withhold passing judgement until I get to balance.

Single ended is not power enough for headphones.

MFi works flawlessly.

I'm so used to big knobs. Just saying. Walnut and G5.

Labels could be brighter and finish material was a little slippery to the fingers.

The bass boost works the way headfi think it should work, cleanly.

Sound stage in se was pretty good on kz atr, but vfree was not able to tell.

Sound signature is neutral with a lean towards warms, and no threat of sibilance.

Size and weight brings memory of the nx1. But the Q1 ii is much more versatile and bass represented.

It's just the power is with balance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #67 of 197
If I get the opportunity to do a review then good, but I guess it isn't the end of the world. I still have not cut through my single ended earphone cables yet to make them balance.
I'm wishing for it to be worth my interest to discover the gateway through the balance world.
Easier just to buy a balanced cable. They aren't that expensive

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #68 of 197
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Taking the easy way out and throwing money at the problem sounds like what my government seems to like to do. I am very close to ordering, but it's the timing problem I can't control.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #70 of 197
Hello, I am interested in trying this new DAC/AMP.

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:

Cans-Sennheiser HD800S, AKG K812, Denon AHD7100, Sony MDR Z7, Audeze EL-8 open
in-ear- UE 900S, Denon AHC400, Yamaha EPH100, RHA T10i

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:
DAC- Aune S6, Denon DA300usb
Amps- Aune S7, Nuforce HA200 x2, Phonitor Mini
DAP- Fiio X7 1st gen. w/ Fiio K5

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sony-mdr-z7.20250/reviews

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):
Arkansas - USA.

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in)
简体中文, English

Oct 2, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #71 of 197
Oct 8, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #72 of 197
I ordered one from Amazon, I'll give it a shot. I'm a fan of the E18 and the prospect of a tiny portable balanced amp interests me.

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #73 of 197
The first thing to address is how cute this little sucker is. It is a handsome little amp, for sure.

20171011_160544.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back